Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 14, 2018, 02:27:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Veco Tom Tom  (Read 316 times)
AlienEngineer
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2018, 11:33:39 AM »

I am trying to find plans, short kits, anything other than empty boxes oin E-bay of the VECO Tom-Tom from the 1950's. All the leads I have are at least 8 years old, and the guys involved are no longer active. Any help finding this thing would be vastly appreciated
As I said in my intro, I watched my dad and his friends TRY to fly control line in the 1950's.
My dad loved to build, but during one move of many, all his engines disappeared. He had Just completed a Tom-Tom model, and he gave it to my 4 year-old brother and me to play with. I was 6, so it didn't last long. He did dabble with some HLG stuff, and helped and encouraged me with the Guillows and Comet models. But that was the last airplane he built. I would like to build one.

By the time I was 10, I got a Cox PT-19, and never looked back. He basically lost interest after that. I want some closure. Besides, its a neat airplane
SonicG
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 08:11:35 PM »

I have the assembly instructions but not any full size plans. Let me know if you want them.
Paul
yagua
Gold Member

Kudos: 17

Argentina Argentina

and still trying!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:53:47 AM »

Hullo Alien!!
I hope this help:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/control-lines-231/9695577-veco-tom-tom.html
Not the "proper" plans, but hand retraced the parts, and some explanations about. Also, the pictures are from the "newer" version of it. And there is a link to buy the plans of the original one.
And in this one https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/veco-tom-tom-plans/  shows a picture of the hand traced plans of the original version, to see diferences and correct

PS: If not, I'll take you to my leader, but she doesnt know anything about planes  Wink

27º19'54.94'' S
58º56'52.31'' W
HOME SWEET HOME!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: