Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 16, 2018, 05:18:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GODS of "FREE FLIGHT" 23rd Psalm  (Read 677 times)
LASTWOODSMAN
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Canada Canada

Topic starter
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND ENGINES AND TWO WINGS

Ignore
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:45:40 PM »

PSALM 23   The Gods of "Free Flight" Rubber Power are my Shepherds.  I shall not want.
     2    Thou hast maketh me to fly in green pastures of foot and a half tall grasses, and fly my float planes over the still waters.
     3     Thou restoreth my soul, and leadeth me in the paths of righteous flight trimming techniques, for your name's sake.
     4     Yea, though I launch my miniature aircraft in the valley of the shadow of death, of surrounding large trees and high winds aloft,  I will fear no cart-wheeling, "full song", noseplant crash landings, for thou art with me;   thy flying  propeller with adjustable thrust bearing, and stretch-wound rubber motor in a blast tube,  all on a winding stooge,  -   they comfort me ...  , and keep my flights low and circling left.
     5     Thou preparest a two foot tall,  grass flying field before me,  in the presence of mine enemies;   thou lubricateth my rubber motor with oil;  my flight log runneth over.
     6     Surely long low circling flights and soft landings shall follow me all the days of my Free Flight life,  and I will stretch-wind rubber motors in the Flying Fields of the Gods of Free Flight,  for ever, and ever.

Amen.

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
GODS of "FREE FLIGHT" 23rd Psalm

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
p40qmilj
Platinum Member

Kudos: 29

Canada Canada

love that P40Q

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 08:49:53 AM »

Grin ha ha ha good show

jim Grin Grin Grin Grin
Dan Snow
Silver Member

Kudos: 15

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 10:12:22 PM »

That is a good one!!  Grin Grin Grin
applehoney
Titanium Member

Kudos: 275

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 10:52:56 PM »

Yep - good one.

But why do you fly to the left, with torque depressing the  pattern ?
LASTWOODSMAN
Gold Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 02:43:45 AM »

Good question Applehoney.    Huh Huh Undecided.   In what way is the "pattern depressed"?  If the prop spins clockwise as viewed from the pilot seat, the torque pushes the plane left - which is why we add right thrust to the prop block - is this correct so far?  My few flying models all seem to want to go to the left, so I just stick with it ...

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
applehoney
Titanium Member

Kudos: 275

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 09:57:07 AM »

Climbing to the right against torque will take a model to greater altitude than a left pattern.

However, some say that low-wing scale models should fly left...  I wouldn't know ... :-)
Maxout
Titanium Member

Kudos: 90

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 02:56:09 PM »

However, some say that low-wing scale models should fly left...  I wouldn't know ... :-)

It's a stability thing. I've flown several of them to the right and sometimes got away with it, and sometimes had to change the warps and go left to keep the plane from self destructing.
LASTWOODSMAN
Gold Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 04:23:00 PM »

Well, looks like I am in luck. Smiley  My Cricket Wicket "FlyingField" is small - I think  130 yards by 120 yards, surrounded by big trees - so if by going left keeps the plane lower,   I can then keep it out of the winds aloft above the tree top level, plus you have to try to dial in tight turns.   Oh, I wish for a big field where I can really wind in a longgggggg motor.     I also must buy one of those battery powered rubber winders for quick winding without a stooge - can't find a store in Windsor that sells them ...  I think Sciggs uses these to great success.   I am still just a "convenient" small park flyer ... only had success with high wing monoplanes so far ...  Shocked

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: GODS of "FREE FLIGHT" 23rd Psalm

OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 168

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 07:12:46 PM »

My Cricket Wicket "FlyingField" is small - I think  130 yards by 120 yards
You mean the Gods of free flight haven't found you a bigger field Richard Cheesy shame. Cheesy

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: