Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 15, 2018, 03:29:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Video About my PeeWee 30 Model  (Read 383 times)
ScienceGuy
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2018, 12:06:37 PM »

I am working on improving my videos to be more interesting and tell more of a story.

This video is 4 minutes long.

https://youtu.be/4-ETkN6DprA

Take a look.

Bill Kuhl

Steve J.
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 05:04:23 PM »

I enjoyed your video.
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 147

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »

Nice effort Bill. I would have liked to see a launch of your PeeWee30 but I guess it's not always easy to grab a helper.

John
ScienceGuy
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 09:17:36 AM »

I sure would have liked to have video of the climb out but no helper or good weather at the time, wanted to get the video done so I can work on new ones. Hopefully I can do better than this on future videos, I have much to learn on the video editing software too.

Bill Kuhl

Hepcat
Platinum Member

Kudos: 244

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 02:16:36 PM »

Bill,
I think it could have been the 1960s, good cameras were available at a reasonable price and colour slides were all the rage. I was in the mighty St. Albans club at the time but each year we were invited to the Stevenage club for a slide show of the aeromodelling year. It was a magical evening, probably an hour or more of slides, some good commentaries and pictures of many of the top events.

The next year we were even more exited because we heard that they now had a movie camera!  It was a great disappointment! There was no easy stopping to look at details of an interesting model. Everything just rushed past, except when a launch was photographed, which gave some interest for a few seconds but after that the model soon became a meaningless dot.

So, Bill my recommendation would be to steer clear of videos if you are trying to transmit information. There will be a few occasions when a video is good but a step series of 'stills' will often be as good.  Certainly when giving details of a model or a plan or a stooge or almost anything, if it is done with a video the viewer feels he has just had his book snatched away as he got to the interesting page.
John

ScienceGuy
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 02:28:17 PM »

That is an interesting comment and one that has a lot of merit. 

flydean1
Gold Member

Kudos: 8

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 05:28:28 PM »

Agree with John.  So many contest movies wasted time while the model flies away as a dot.  Far better to show the launch, especially if you can interview the builder.  Then shift to another interesting model.  As John says, some stepped stills are far better to transmit information.
DHnut
Gold Member

Kudos: 9

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 12:45:49 AM »

I am fortunate to have a Sony A7RII that can do burst shooting as well as video. The burst shooting give really good stepped photos of launches in high quality and does show up how well the person is holding the model and the launch attitude.
 Also the file size is huge allowing severe cropping and still giving an acceptable image when processing small images.
I have not used video  because of the rapid speed that image of the model decreases even with a high zoom setting.
Ricky
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: