Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 14, 2018, 06:48:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2018 Technology Student Association Flight Endurance Results?  (Read 429 times)
Brian Z
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2018, 05:11:35 PM »

Is there anybody here who can give an update on the TSA Flight Endurance results at nationals in Atlanta?  I think the competition was yesterday.  We couldn't go, but we wondered how our airplane would have fared. 
aardvark_bill
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 10:49:43 PM »

The site had a 30' ceiling and huge floor space and the air was decent.  Best flight time was a student from Virginia (sadly not from my school, but from our district and he does fly with us so I'll claim him as adopted); 3:13 if I recall correctly.  A young lady from Mississippi had a very well done biplane that flew low 2:40's for both flights.  A few more were in mid 2:00 range.
We had an impromptu fun-fly tonight when the kids picked up their planes since the air was off for MS gliders.  The number one kid from the competition put up an impressive 3:25.  We were able to fly my kids' planes a few times and correct the issues that a lack of practice caused them to have during the competition.  Best times tonight were 2:49 for both - too late to help for this year but they're both juniors so they will try again next fall.
I also flew my A6 and talked to a few parents and students about AMA events and competitions in addition to answering a lot of questions about TSA.
Overall, there were not as many high-performing planes this year as there have been in the recent past.  We certainly did not do as well as we hoped, but we are already planning for next year.
Brian Z
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 10:14:23 PM »

Thanks!  I hope to see you there next year.
jcobbs
Bronze Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 08:46:06 PM »

There were 112 registered participants.   Fewer always sow up.  This link has all finalists in all competitions.
http://www.registermychapter.com/tsa/nat/results.aspx
Next summer TSA Nationals are at National Harbor. Gaylord properties.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: