Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 15, 2018, 03:40:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flying My Gollywock  (Read 347 times)
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2018, 06:59:33 PM »

Nothing spectacular here. Just wanted to show things I build do actually fly. ;-)
The motor I had installed at the beginning of the day developed cracks. I grabbed what I thought was a spare only to find it was for one of my other planes and wasn't quite long enough in 3 loop form. I remade as a 2 loop motor and pressed on.
I fumbled the camera, so the video is in 2 parts. Total flight time was around 1:45. Nothing memorable, but just a nice flight. Weather was great and if I'd had the right motor, a 2 minute plus flight would have been easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWKBMJ7qj0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0fbBKinbP4
gossie
Platinum Member

Kudos: 48

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 08:09:12 PM »

Lovely flight.
But you were a little brave. Smiley
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 147

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 08:22:01 PM »

I agree with Gossie. Just as well you didn't have the full power motor. I think you would have easily  flown outside that nice field. It is a real floater.

John
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 08:35:29 AM »

Thanks, guys. I launched from the middle of the field. There was no wind at ground level. If I had tried for a 2 minute flight, I would have launched from the right side of the field so the plane would have drifted across to the left. I wish there was a bigger field close by, but no.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: