Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 16, 2018, 06:10:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Potez 32/33  (Read 219 times)
THB
Gold Member

Kudos: 14

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2018, 08:22:10 AM »

Welcome to Madagascar in 1935.

I was fishing around for a new scale model to build - and actually was going through some old photocopies I made from L'Aerophile archives back when I was (supposed to be) studying at Uni. And I found an article about the Potez 32. Now, this is not a new aeroplane entirely for me. Some years back I built a Potez 29 'City of Belgrade' for rubber power. it still flies very well. The Potez 32 looks like a monoplane version of the 29. And Potez 33 is the military monoplane version if I understand correctly.

When I started an online search for Potez 32 - that's when I got hooked. I found a page called 'Images de Madagascar' https://www.bibert.fr/Joseph_Bibert_fichiers/Jean%20ASSOLLANT_fichiers/Madagasacar.htm.

Here is a world that seems straight off a Humphrey Bogart Casablanca set, with Vichy-style politics and Sydney Greenstreet crooks running the local bars. Out in front of the aircraft hangar, a savour faire gathering of bon vivants in pith helmets read a copy of 'Les Ailes' as they await the cocktail hour. As in the background, bemused local tribes people watch on with curious apprehension.

OK - here are a few pics. Followed by some questions.

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Potez 32/33
Potez 32/33
Potez 32/33
Potez 32/33
Potez 32/33
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:52:51 AM by THB » Logged

Tim
THB
Gold Member

Kudos: 14

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:33:38 AM »

I'm interested to hear from anyone who knows a bit about these aircraft - or may even have built a model.

I have found some colour profiles from other regions, Belgian military versions etc. But nothing from Madagascar that I could find that indicated colour. There seems to be an all-over pale colour (silver/white?) and a two tone fuselage - again quite pale. Assume French roundel. Images attached.

Any thoughts or insights welcome.

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Potez 32/33

Tim
Bigbandito
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 11:35:37 AM »

Wow! Sure is a cute little bugger.

"If you love something, set it free...  Just make sure you've got a DT on it."  - Richard Bach (paraphrased)
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 148

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 08:26:58 PM »

Fascinating era Tim. The aircraft looks very much a product of Gaul. Very distinctive.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: