Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 18, 2018, 09:39:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scale undercarriage reference material  (Read 242 times)
KVP
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2018, 06:52:00 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding scale undercarriages.

I remember seeing a book that detailed a whole range of undercarriage and control linkages of real aircraft many years ago, I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.  Does anyone remember what this book might be called? I can't find it using the Googleverse............

I am also trying to find details of the retracting actions for the Chambermaid and Cessna CR3 air racers. I am planning to include the retract actions in a couple of my models for scale entries. There are a few photos that show grainy details of the extended undercarriages however, none that i can find of the way in which the undercarriage retracts. Would anyone have a sketch or pictures showing the accurate retract sequence, or mechanisms for these aircraft?

Many thanks in advance

KVP
lincoln
Platinum Member

Kudos: 29

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 11:57:53 PM »

While I doubt it has anything on the two aircraft you mention, it seems to me that the old Flight magazine articles often had detail drawings of various parts of airplanes, probably including landing gear.
https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/

If I was looking into this, I might try looking at old Flying Aces Club newsletters. (the reconstituted FAC, not the original). A partial index and downloadable issues may be found here:
http://www.flyingacesclub.com/FACAbout.html

Just looked at pictures of the CR2 and wondered how the struts can be that long and still end up with the wheels in the correct retracted position. For racing events, the l.g. can be depicted retracted, but not for scale.

Suggest not copying the original mechanism too closely. With some of these racers, gear that behaved true to scale would probably collapse! ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: