Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 19, 2018, 11:18:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For those Scratch builders that like a challenge  (Read 434 times)
BBailey
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Topic starter
Me & my Great Grandson Bentley Liam Bailey

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2018, 05:26:38 PM »

I did not know that "Top Flight" was still in business. Looks like they are owned by Hobbico. They have none of there old aircraft Kits. They have gone to all extra large aircraft and the first page has videos on all. They are all ARF, BIG and beautiful. They have a couple P-47's that seem like a lot of people want but can not find any decent plans. Nick Ziroli has a plan. But it seems impossible to find a Bud Nosen P-47. Anyway, this is what I wanted to point out. their planes are in the hundred dollars, I saw some $400 and some $990 dollar ones. But they left a back door. Go to that page that does not have the videos, but has static photos, and on the top left is a blue menu. Click the item that says "Kits" and select a favorite kit. All the way to the bottom line there is some info you can download. One .PDF is called Manual. Open it and to MY surprise there is a complete building log and parts Printwood. The Printwood items can be removed and added to CAD or whatever else you use and based on the Wing Span you can build all the aircraft except the Canopy and Cowl. But if you are a Scratch Builder you can figure that out. These planes are really beautiful. I think I  found my P-47 D.You can also buy all, specific, or just a couple individuals Parts from another page. There is a complete parts layout to order from. That Cowl and Canopy is there too.

BBailey
CTRC
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 05:52:52 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I have been building various Top flight kits over the years and love them.  I have several kits still in the box and several full size plans of the ones I have built that are not listed on the web site.  None of which were giant scale back then.

CT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: