Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 19, 2018, 06:58:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Build  (Read 405 times)
scigs30
Gold Member

Kudos: 62

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2018, 02:33:29 PM »

Now that I finished the Comet Cessna, it is time to decide on my next build......This is what I have it narrowed down too.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Next Build
Mefot
Silver Member

Kudos: 2

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 03:00:44 PM »

The Scientific Messerschmitt would be interesting to me as it is not a kit I am familiar with.

Whatever you choose will be a great build to see I'm sure  Smiley
F F modeller
Titanium Member

Kudos: 59

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 03:29:46 PM »

I've enjoyed seeing your builds formany years now ... whatever you pick would be interesting ... but the D7 catches my eye ....
Glenn (gravitywell) Reach
Gold Member

Kudos: 32

Canada Canada

It ain't pretty, but its me!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:43:33 PM »

D-7, D-7, D-7!!  I love those things and I know you will do her justice and get her flying! Cheesy

Glenn Reach
The only time you want Guillow's balsa, is when its worth its weight in gold!
ekram
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 06:46:10 PM »

Go with the musketeer.
dwidrick
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 03:43:05 PM »

Iv been told to build them all!

David
flygrimm
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 08:17:33 PM »

I'd do the Forked Tailed Doctor Killer!

Stuart
Indoorflyer
Gold Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 09:20:11 PM »

I'd like to see your handiwork on the Bonanza.  I've never seen a "sterling" example of a FF rubber powered Bonanza. Grin   That box art and Registration number are accurate, by the way.  I found a listing of Bonanza serial numbers on the web (no author/compiler listed) that shows that paint scheme and registration history for N663D. Attached below. The plane is shown (as on the box) repainted in the 1956 G35 scheme.   (there is a typo in the first line, where it shows it registered to an air taxi company.  They got the N number wrong, but the subsequent owners, and serial number/N number are a match with FAA records)
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Next Build
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:30:12 PM by Indoorflyer » Logged

Make the same mistake on both sides; nobody will notice...
Snaky Stringer
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 04:34:31 AM »

I'd also like to see the Bonanza. I have built the KeilKraft one, which is quite nice really and is an early model, and also an own design doped paper version a la Mike Hetherington, which looked quite nice but wouldn't fly, probably because of airfoil problems,. I still have bits of it and often think of returning to it. I like the doped paper approach and think the Bonanza is a good subject for it. I think the Sterling one is in the gallery. I must check. Any subject built by scigs30 would be worth seeing.
Indoorflyer
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »

I think the Sterling one is in the gallery. I must check. Any subject built by scigs30 would be worth seeing.
Indeed they are, and member Skyraider provided the parts/patterns. The cabin top/windshield is a tricky area to get right on an early Bonanza, your suggestion may be the way to do it on a scratch build. There's something about  the KK version that doesn't look quite right. The molded cabin on the Sterling looks correct, but it's sure heavy.

strat-o
Gold Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 11:41:44 AM »

I too would like to see the Bonanza but wouldn't recommend the retractable gear feature.  I don't think it is workable with the materials supplied in the kit.  For example, I think the Spring action in the landing gear, while an interesting idea, is too stiff (at least that was my assessment for the kit I built in the mid 70's).

Marlin
Indoorflyer
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 11:52:18 AM »

Always wondered about that system myself!  The Cub and L-19 in the series seemed more plausible, with talc powder and "leaflets" being dispensed.  Can you imagine trying to market that in today's world??  Imagine, carcinogens and litter being scattered about!

Snaky Stringer
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 05:51:15 PM »

On my paper version of the KK Bonanza, I made a molded canopy. If I do it again I may mold the entire top of the fuselage. The built-in spell checker has just objected to my British mould, so I decided to go American as far as possible. I had plug-in landing gear on mine but possibly hinged gear would work. The spring loaded gear on my Sterling Thunderbolt was unsatisfactory so I cut it out. Working retractable gear is possible I'm sure on the Bonanza but I think it is a bit too fancy for my limited skills.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: