Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 10, 2018, 06:32:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Farman Jabiru F.4x (F.121)  (Read 456 times)
Rudder flutter
Silver Member

Kudos: 120

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2018, 06:24:21 AM »

Hi guys.
Not sure if anybody can help?
I'm looking for information, especially a decent 3-view of the above aircraft, the original 4 engined version of this design. The 3-views online are dire! I have had a fairly good 'google' and found images (the one attached I have at super quality), but no good reference for colour. The one I like is F-AHAF, operated by CIDNA. There is a paper model available, but not sure where they got their colour information from.  Thanks in advance!
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Farman Jabiru F.4x (F.121)

Richard Crossley
piecost
Gold Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 07:01:23 AM »

Richard,

Try contacting the National Aerospace library. It is run by the Royal Aeronautical Society and has one of the worlds greatest collections of aeroplane documents. The librarian. Is extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Ti.
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 94

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:00:51 AM »

Richard, when I made my Farman 190 I emailed Michel Barrière after finding his Crezan Aviation website which has a lot of schemes, photos and info on Farmans. http://www.crezan.net/

I think I just used the email given on the website which is crezan.aviation@gmail.com
Michel was extremely helpful and sent me some photos of my chosen example that I'd not found anywhere else. I can't see anything about the aircraft you want on there, but as it's a Farman he might be worth asking.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:12:14 AM by Pete Fardell » Logged
Rudder flutter
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 10:30:38 AM »

Richard,

Try contacting the National Aerospace library. It is run by the Royal Aeronautical Society and has one of the worlds greatest collections of aeroplane documents. The librarian. Is extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Ti.

Thanks Ti. I'll look in to this

Richard Crossley
flydean1
Gold Member

Kudos: 9

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 10:35:49 AM »

looking at the photos, I couldn't help asking myself, "Why is the exhausts on the aft-facing engines pointed forward directly into the slipstream?"  Then I thought, maybe they were intakes on the reversed engines.  Hard to see on the photos where the aft pipes are actually going.
flydean1
Gold Member

Kudos: 9

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 10:37:12 AM »

Now I see they are V-type engines so the outers are exhausts.  Original question remains.
Rudder flutter
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 10:50:39 AM »

Richard, when I made my Farman 190 I emailed Michel Barrière after finding his Crezan Aviation website which has a lot of schemes, photos and info on Farmans. http://www.crezan.net/

I think I just used the email given on the website which is crezan.aviation@gmail.com
Michel was extremely helpful and sent me some photos of my chosen example that I'd not found anywhere else. I can't see anything about the aircraft you want on there, but as it's a Farman he might be worth asking.

Thanks Pete, I'll try this source too. There are actually quite a few good photos about but no 3v's. I've been wanting to build one on and off for 30 years, I may try to draw my own 3v. I can't find any overhead pics, so its tricky to see whats was going on in the cockpit area. One source states 2 crew up there, but I'm not sure, in pics I can only see one head and a single headrest. Interestingly, Pete Smart has just finished one of the 3-engined versions (the F.3x) at p-nut size with a Gasparin, which looking at the reg, they converted from a 4 engined F.4x.
Re: Farman Jabiru F.4x (F.121)

Richard Crossley
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 94

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 11:15:40 AM »

Did you find this?
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=41&pid=2343
fred
Gold Member

Kudos: 2

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 01:47:21 PM »

Then there is this RC version... I tripped across
meatbomber
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Czech Republic Czech Republic

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 07:52:45 AM »

it`s such a nice and ugly or better nuggly subject Smiley

ice been trawling the web for data on this bird for quite some time and maybe you didn`t have these before

cheers
Phillip
Rudder flutter
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 08:29:37 AM »

Thanks for the Jabiru input folks. I'm seriously considering producing my own 3-view for this one. All drawing available seem to be quite basic, but they will be a great help in drawing my own.

Richard Crossley
g_kandylakis
Gold Member

Kudos: 41

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 11:20:23 AM »

How about contacting Jacques Cartigny? He always has rare subjects in his magazine, he might have access to better drawings. Not everything is available on the internet...

One more picture, in case you do not have it...

There are some on Flickr as well, which I cannot download, but you can take snapshots of them

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127737164@N08/30958267277/in/photolist-s2Mj9i-KVRymE-PaFdhV-PaFdgc-ZPpbvg-UhhhAC-nQZeFh/

George

scale free flight & micro RC
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 41

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 04:43:17 PM »

You may remember my single engine Jabiru - but are you trying to upstage the "Fike" ...... I wonder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: