Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 10, 2018, 09:27:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone Else Having Major Problems with Flex Innovations AURA 8?  (Read 187 times)
Ministick7
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2018, 08:41:10 PM »

Love the QQ Extra 300 from Flex Innovations. But, the AURA 8 controllers are giving me big headaches. They reverse the aileron, elevator and rudder servos for some unknown reason. Happened 3 different times with my first plane from them. I check the control surfaces before each flight. On three different days, I had to pack up airplane, take it home and reverse servos from within the config. program via PC computer and USB cord connection. (They have a downloadable program.) Got authorization to send AURA 8 controller back to Flex for analysis. Got it out and ready to mail this weekend.

Then, yesterday I flew my second QQ Extra 300. First flights. Flew great. No issues. Today, I turned it on at home to mechanically adjust trims. It also reversed those same 3 servos. RATS!!!

Different plane, different controller. Same transmitter, though. Spektrum 6e. Been using that transmitter exclusively for a year with no problems. Works perfectly. At least, with all other receivers and planes.

Does anyone else have this problem? Could it be a transmitter related problem? Should I contact Spektrum also? I appreciate your input and help. Flex Innovations has not told me any possible explanation. I want to fly these great airplanes. Thank you, fellow modelers.
VictorY
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 11:33:20 AM »

I've never heard of them. And this site has pretty low rc traffic, so you might have a better chance for an answer in a forum more focused on rc. Good luck!
Konrad
Platinum Member

Kudos: 35

Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 10:14:23 PM »

I think there have been a few firmware updates with this controler.
I don't recall having this issue. Sounds like a data save issue.

I've contacted Flex with an issue I had and they confiquered my controller remotely.

Great customer support.

All the best,
Konrad

Cut it twice and it's still too short!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: