Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 10, 2018, 05:25:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chiri Biri  (Read 290 times)
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 41

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »

I thought this looked rather cute - below of an extract from the plan - the CG should make for some fun.  Not sure where the 'ook is??
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Chiri Biri
LASTWOODSMAN
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

Canada Canada

REAL PLANES HAD ROUND ENGINES AND TWO WINGS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 10:58:30 AM »

Hi David.  That is an interesting early aircraft.   Will it be spoked wheels and a scale pilot?

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Chiri Biri

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
PB_guy
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Canada Canada

Just a kid at heart.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 11:04:36 AM »

Great project David! I look forward to the build. You definitely have to be very careful to eliminate as much weight as possible in the tail. The rear dowel is in the middle of that wider upright just to the right of the 'Dihedral' print. I tend to make those a bit larger than on the plan.
ian
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 06:00:17 PM »

Thank you Ian - so it is!  Hmm ... yes will bring it forward somewhat as is the modern trend.  On reflection I may enlarge it a little - up to 20ins span perhaps. Peanuts fascinate me but sometimes a little larger model is more practical.

Richard - have you built one or is that photo of someone elses'?    Yes wire wheels of course (b...... colonials) but according to Mr Mooney they should be with white tyres (special spelling for you).  Pilot - depends how it flies! H&S and all that. 
LASTWOODSMAN
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

Canada Canada

REAL PLANES HAD ROUND ENGINES AND TWO WINGS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 06:18:44 PM »

Sorry David.   Embarrassed    Not mine - just a good pic I found of what one looked like.

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 167

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 06:57:21 PM »

Interesting subject David. Hmm yes I think I would agree with you on size and rear rubber anchorage. Richard's photo does indicate that it is a neat little aircraft.

Have fun - generate some balsa dust.

John
flydean1
Gold Member

Kudos: 9

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 10:43:14 PM »

If I built it the rear 'ook would go just behind the upright that is at the wing trailing edge.
kkphantom
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 11:28:09 PM »

Walt Mooney plans often showed a pin as a rear rubber anchorage. (hence the narrow upright) I used to copy that years ago until my mate finally got sick of sticking his fingers and made me change to a dowel.
Gary
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 12:13:55 PM »

If I built it the rear 'ook would go just behind the upright that is at the wing trailing edge.

Yes.... my conclusion was similar - not quite as close perhaps but close.  Or could go electric!!  I have a spare car battery.
Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 126

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 12:18:28 PM »

That IS a cute one.  I see it has a reflexed tail plane.  I also looked thru my listing of Mooney plans and it is NOT there Shocked!  How to fix (I might be interested in doing this one also)?

EDIT: Found it on OZ.

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: