Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
March 20, 2019, 04:03:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Micro S-FHSS receiver  (Read 327 times)
TornadoAlley
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2018, 12:13:18 PM »

I’m looking for a micro S-FHSS receiver that I can install in a rubber-powered Easy Built Skokie with single-channel rudder control. I bought a Futaba 8JA a couple of years ago but am now having regrets about investing in that system because now I can’t find an S-FHSS compatible receiver that weighs two or three grams.

I’ve extensively looked for such a receiver online (Bangood, Hobby King, etc.) but have turned up nothing that I think will work. I really don’t want to step into a more ubiquitous system protocol that supports lightweight receivers but I will if I must, as long as I can do it on the cheap (FlySky, Lemon, etc).

BTW, I want rudder control because I’ll fly the Skokie and other rubber-powered models from a small field. And the truth is I’m no longer physically agile so I need the airplane to return to me. Also, I searched for duplicate posts on this topic and found nothing, so forgive me if I missed anything. Thanks in advance for all recommendations and bits of advice, wisdom, and sarcasm.
Konrad
Titanium Member

Kudos: 35

Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 03:06:47 PM »

I'm sorry I know nothing of Futaba as I gave up on them 25 years ago. Might one of these work?
https://alofthobbies.com/radio/frsky-telemetry-system/futaba-compatible.html
Also look at what Aloft has in the way of small servos. I really like rotary outputs verses linear outputs servo. Do watch the voltage requirements.

Cut it twice and it's still too short!
VictorY
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 03:06:58 PM »

They have a 4g receiver. You could probably lose the cover and get down to 3g. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=FUTL7605&P=3
TornadoAlley
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »

Thanks Konrad and VictorY for the quick replies. Yes VictorY, it looks like the Futaba R2106GF receiver was right under my nose the whole time. I’ll order one and just pop off the case. Then I’ll have exactly what I need at the weight I need. I hope to contribute to others in this forum in the future as you’ve contributed to me. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: