Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
March 26, 2019, 10:27:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ellipsis 220 .... "Third time lucky?" ... or... 'Three Strikes and Out?"  (Read 317 times)
applehoney
Titanium Member

Kudos: 276

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2019, 11:12:21 PM »

One wing, one stabiliser, one noseblock/prop assembly and, so far,  three fuselages.  Four years and never got it more than half trimmed before destroying a fuselage.

First one  was lost to a failed shaft solder joint at about 80% torque....   Fuselage exploded.

Second got tangled in stooge line after winding .. trying to disentangle I got the counterbalance weight snagged up elsewhere .... trying to hold prop,etc.in one hand and reach things with other ..managed to crack a longeron ....  another exploded fuselage.

This fuselage...   went back to Mk1 Ellipsis for a 'square' fuselage so as to use a simple wing mount,  initially secured with rubber bands so I can move it for balancing purposes before CA'ing it into place.

Hopefully this summer I'll fly it.  If I blow out this fuselage then the whole airplane is history.  No more fuselages!!
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Ellipsis 220 .... "Third time lucky?" ... or... 'Three Strikes and Out?"
TheLurker
Gold Member

Kudos: 18

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 01:54:23 AM »

One wing, one stabiliser, one noseblock/prop assembly and, so far,  three fuselages. 
A veritable Ship of Theseus.  Full marks for persistence, but ... Smiley
Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 126

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »

Whatever happens - hopefully max flights - PLEASE post the plan!  It's much too pretty to disregard.

Pete

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: