Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 16, 2017, 11:57:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Went flying.  (Read 144704 times)
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 21

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: August 18, 2017, 02:19:53 PM »

The Pepper is just a simplified Sparky. The Sparky is a more challenging build but the extra performance is really a good pay off. The fact is that more designs for the Sparky exist so that shows a real contest model. At least 4 different Sparky designs but only the one for the Pepper. Great to see the Pepper  and Sparky flying .
Flyguy
Gold Member

Kudos: 25

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: August 18, 2017, 07:49:50 PM »

Larry. We are not talking about compromising loyalties here. It's not like your Pepper is gonna go hang itself just because you enjoyed an outing with a Sparky. There's always Paris for lovers, you and your Pepper will always have that. But do go cha cha with its buxom stablemate once. You may love the Pepper more for it! Roll Eyes

Of course, I was just teasing a little there! Might be awhile, but I'm looking forward to building and flying the Sparky, even moreso now that I've build the Pepper. Once I get some altimeter data, I'll report back my impressions, should be fun!
Crabby
Platinum Member

Kudos: 64

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: August 18, 2017, 11:05:19 PM »

Jeez take your time. No rush on anything, just hurry up.

The Threadkiller!
Don McLellan
Titanium Member

Kudos: 47

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: August 19, 2017, 02:35:43 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
pedwards2932
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: August 19, 2017, 08:05:36 PM »

Got a chance to fly my latest Cloudbuster.... this is with about 800 winds......decided to push it to 1000 and lost it but I didn't get that flight videoed.  I have another one built that needs to be covered that is the second one of these I have lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0MB3gVdX_0
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Went flying.
Crabby
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: August 20, 2017, 05:32:29 PM »

I can't say enough about the Cloudbuster. I had been off the bench since I was 10, and was now on vacation at the beach in Rehoboth Bch DE with my wife and 12 month old, and the in laws. I bought the kit in a kite shop and secretly built the thing during kid naps and happy hours. Nobody paid much attention to what I was up to. Almost suddenly I have this thing built and am standing on the beach hand winding, and some heads turned just as I launched...it flew immaculately, making me look like a wizard. It disappeared to the landward, at about 200' and that was it. Back to grilling salmon on the Barbie and drinking Millers. That days flight has been brought up a few times since. Great plane the Cloud buster, simple model but great memories!

The Threadkiller!
pedwards2932
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: August 20, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »

This is about 4th I have built to try to improve my building and covering skills.  Also with this one I was experimenting with printing tissue.  Since I lost this one I already have the next one ready to cover.  I have added magnetic wing hold downs and am going to experiment with multicolor tissue.  I cut these out with a laser engraver that I put together.  I also just recently assembled a 3D printer and want to try to make an adjustable prop bezel.  The Cloudbuster is pretty easy to build and it does really fly great......I just need to limit the winds in that field......there is a river on the other side of the houses and I suspect that's where it ended up.
Crabby
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: August 23, 2017, 04:30:50 PM »

I like what flyguy is doing with the old time duration models... RC assist. Just the rudder to keep the plane in the same zip code... you ought to check him out. He flys down town NYC... in and amongst the concrete jungle. He has a very practical approach.

The Threadkiller!
BG
Platinum Member

Kudos: 63

Canada Canada

Me with F1B - epic retrieval (flew 10km after DT)

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: August 28, 2017, 08:38:48 AM »

Craig Limber took a great photo of my Harvard II climbing out. Model is a fantastic flyer and needs a DT before I fly it again.

It is 24" and weighs about 50g

BG

F1B guy but its not my fault, Tony made me do it.
p40qmilj
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

love that P40Q

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: August 28, 2017, 06:16:59 PM »

Grin I went to the Atlantic Canada Int'l airshow over the weekend and took 210 pics of the AS and three museums of planes in the province (NOVA SCOTIA)  It was a super long day for me I will post some pics tomorrow  and if there is any specific plane you want ask and i will send pics.  these are mainly patrol aircraft, stunt planes and planes used by the RCN  in the 40's and 50's.  also had a wing walker there.  i asked her if she was a little crazy and she said that it wasn't necessary but it helped Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  all in all a great weekend. next year it's in HALIFAX, NS.  THE BEST FOR ME WAS THE CORSAIR AND THE CF-18 DECKED OUT IN A CANADA 150 PAINT SCHEME.

JIM Grin
p40qmilj
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

love that P40Q

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: August 30, 2017, 03:45:48 AM »

Grin told ya to watch this space   here are some recognizable planes.
couresy og greenwood air show/museum, shearwater museum and Atlantic Canada air museum all in NS
jim
p40qmilj
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

love that P40Q

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: August 30, 2017, 03:46:42 AM »

Grin  more, more!
ZK-AUD
Gold Member

Kudos: 23

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: September 04, 2017, 08:40:57 PM »

Craig Limber took a great photo of my Harvard II climbing out. Model is a fantastic flyer and needs a DT before I fly it again.

It is 24" and weighs about 50g

BG
  So, is this what they call a PC9 / Texan in Canada?  Looks great and I would love to see the plan....
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Kudos: 53

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: September 17, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »

A really lovely day's flying at North Luffenham today. Many thanks, Bill for running the two contests.
Gareth Tilston cleaned up in both the Selby and Kit Scale, the latter after an entertaining fly-off against the not quite invincible Hewitt Camel (which later had a minor altercation with Bill's car after a fatal "just one more flight" decision.)

Here are a few poor quality iPad snaps from the day...

The fine DH Moth is Chris Brainwood's of course.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:10:07 PM by Pete Fardell » Logged
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: September 17, 2017, 04:01:00 PM »

For my part, I intended to fly my enlarged Guillow's Fairchild in both events, but after a decent trimming flight and a couple of perfectly good ones in the Selby itself, it suddenly zonked in on its wing and did itself some damage. Sometimes it just does this and, annoyingly, I don't know why. Luckily I'd bunged my older Fairchild in the car at the last moment so still had something to fly in Kit Scale (and I broke that one too, but some copious Sellotape sorted it out).

In the afternoon, the sun came out and we were blessed with near perfect conditions. Jumpers were blatantly removed, pleasure was expressed and the grass even dried out. Earlier, I'd realised that I'd accidentally brought my wife's wellies instead of my own so my feet were dry but may never be the same again.  (Actually it later turned out they were my son's wellies, whose feet are smaller still!)

Andrew Hewitt bravely tried this old Caproni monster that he inherited a while back (flew as well as expected).
I got some good flights in with my Malmstrom Hollandair. This is not one of those good flights (it goes a bit doollally in the middle) but it's the only one I filmed and I do like the way it obligingly flew back to the camera.
https://youtu.be/qn_4HC03LP8
No damage to this one, except a loose wheel strut- is my on site grass fix an example of a literal field repair?

(Finally, not sure if I'm meant to say so yet, but many congrats to Bill!)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:13:14 PM by Pete Fardell » Logged
Pete Fardell
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: September 18, 2017, 05:48:06 AM »

There's a far better report of this event (with much better pictures too) by Chris Brainwood, added to a rival forum here...
https://www.aeromodellers.co.uk/forum/modelflying-events-news/33012-the-selby-trophy-for-free-flight-scale
p40qmilj
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

love that P40Q

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: October 01, 2017, 05:56:29 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  ME AND BRUDDER WENT FLYING WITH DAD AND GRANDPAW.  I got to chase jets and the SHARK airplane it was fun

luv  jonah
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: