Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 22, 2018, 01:17:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Went flying.  (Read 179154 times)
LASTWOODSMAN
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Canada Canada

REAL PLANES HAD ROUND ENGINES AND TWO WINGS

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: September 12, 2018, 09:21:08 AM »

Hi John -  your quote in reply #921    "On my second flight an Eagle flew wing tip to wing tip for a thermal turn at a great height and then I slowly edged away. He  would have destroyed this lightly built model."   That must have been quite a sight.  Shocked   One really has to watch out for those birds of prey !!   Roll Eyes

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Went flying.

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
Dalat
Bronze Member

Kudos: 6

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: September 14, 2018, 05:39:20 AM »

Hallo Richard

Wow! I'm very impressioned to see your Photo and at the Moment you catched it. Shocked
Your adventure won't meet now my Scale Rubber Ducted Fan Mirage III S, spanning 8 Inches flow last Saturday

This Funny Thing is no fake  Grin         I will try to let it fly outdoor with Roman on our Oktober meeting

Dalat
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:54:49 AM by Dalat » Logged
Yak 52
Titanium Member

Kudos: 57

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Free Flight Vagrant

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: September 14, 2018, 06:22:05 AM »

Something a little larger. Hoellein Hobbies "Inside" F5J 2866mm WS F5J model.

Looking cool John  Cool I have the Picares Longears kit here but still enjoying the Slite F3-RES on a 60m bungee launch at the moment.

Last time out with the Slite was after flying the E20 competition the free Flight Gala at Buckminster. It was breezy with infill between big lift, just on the edge of struggling to get back upwind without ballast. First flight was a nice cruisy 8:36. Second flight was better and after a few minutes I remembered to start the timer  Embarrassed I gradually gained height until pretty specked out, and then a big one came through. Lots of gulls came in below me and then I was joined by a full size glider at about the same altitude. By this time I was at about 1500-1800 feet and a long way downwind and since it was getting a little crowded I dived down for a flight of 17:24 - well the timed bit was anyway  Roll Eyes

Ricky, it was nice to catch up with you and Don at the FA. I think you left some documentation behind - we chased after you but you had already left. Did anyone manage to get it to you in the end?

Jon
TheLurker
Gold Member

Kudos: 13

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: September 14, 2018, 03:35:51 PM »

Quote from: Dalat
...Rubber Ducted Fan...
I didn't know that was possible.  I'm impressed.  Please tell us more.

Lurk.
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 89

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: September 14, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »

Very impressive indeed, Dalat, and a very cool idea! There's someting in one of the Hannan books about Jiro Sugimoto and Kaz Suzuki's Mig 15 experiments I think, and you can download a plan for the engine in the plans gallery here. A bit on youtube too, such as...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=PSWVOkaLaPs
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:03:22 PM by Pete Fardell » Logged
strat-o
Gold Member

Kudos: 5

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: September 14, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »

I didn't know that was possible.  I'm impressed.  Please tell us more.

More info in this thread:
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=15022.0

The claim is 15,000 r.p.m. on the rubber powered impeller.

DHnut
Gold Member

Kudos: 10

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: September 14, 2018, 06:13:07 PM »

Jon,
      Brian managed to get the docs tome before I left UK. Arrive home this morning in not too bad a shape. I managed to get 10 + hours of sleep.We were late so with 3 other large aircraft arriving in Auckland together that put a little pressue on Ag and Fish but Stan picked me up so it was all fairly painless.
I really enjoyed the Flying Aces meeting even if the weather could have been kinder and it was good to get E20 pointers.
Ricky
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 157

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: September 14, 2018, 08:30:24 PM »

The Slite looks a really nice model. Checking the specs and looking at the video had me quite impressed. your description of your flight brought back memories - particularly the bit about being joined by a full size glider. I was a helper(helfer Smiley) on the Australian F3B team in 1987.We practised before the contest in Babenhausen - flying with the local club. At that time the club consisted of model and full size(gliders and power gliders mainly) flyers and the shared the field. Models used the left of the field - full size the right.

I was relieving on f our fellows flying his model, caught a thermal and was on the way up and then a cheeky full size pilot came and sat on top of me in my thermal Smiley The hide of him - I dived out of there, while he kept going up Angry

It's hard to beat the thrill of a good thermal flight. I'm glad you're enjoying it Jon. I do like the challenge of free flight but it doesn't quite match the adrenaline pump of finding working and having a long thermal flight for me.

My last thermal flight with the Inside was 10 mins off a 25 sec engine run(practise F5J flight0 but overrun the spot!

My mate Phil had a couple of 10 min flights and a longer one with his Art hobby Avatar
http://www.arthobby.com/index.php?page=item&category=30&sub_category=50&item=537.

Perfect thermal weather - you could have stayed up all day!

Ricky you are keen!

John
p40qmilj
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

Canada Canada

love that P40Q

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: September 15, 2018, 06:38:14 PM »

Grin reskinned the GAR TONY with some tweaking of the tips its now ready for the grandkids in my back yard
JIM Grin Grin Grin Grin
Dalat
Bronze Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: September 16, 2018, 02:50:20 PM »

I didn't know that was possible.  I'm impressed.  Please tell us more.

More info in this thread:
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=15022.0

The claim is 15,000 r.p.m. on the rubber powered impeller.

Hallo To Rubber Powered Ducted Fan scale friends

We have just maiden flights Videos on Youtube of the Mirage III ( with decend first flight):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5exSO94cUoM

...And MiG-17  (underpowered flight):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_gPSz3Ayi8

Regards

Dalat

Unfortunatly, average These tiny models really  250 rps  or 15'000 rpm... They stay in the air with the cost 250 turns per second. Nearly like a clockwork, to get a 12 secs flight (without glide Phase) i have to wind 3000 turns in his rubber Loop....
With 5000 turns it will deliver 20 secs Flytime + Glide time, depending on reached altitude . I hope to get a bettet DF 25 mm
unit in the future with less consumation...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 03:04:14 PM by Dalat » Logged
Dalat
Bronze Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: September 16, 2018, 06:04:12 PM »

Sorry the vids links had not work.
now repeated again

Mirage III  :
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5exSO94cUoM
MiG 17      :
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_gPSz3Ayi8

Dalat
Don McLellan
Titanium Member

Kudos: 60

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: September 17, 2018, 12:24:08 AM »

Hi Dalat,

Fantastic flights!  The Mirage flew like a bird!!

Cheers,

Don M
rgroener
Platinum Member

Kudos: 27

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: September 17, 2018, 01:54:05 AM »

Great flight Dalat.
I am optimistic that you will sort out the trimming for the mig too.
Roman
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 89

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: September 17, 2018, 03:24:22 AM »

Great stuff! Thanks, Dalat. They even sound good!
Dalat
Bronze Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: September 17, 2018, 04:12:11 AM »

Thank you all

for your encouraging Feedbacks. I had Sometimes doubts over the Performance Limits these tiny RDF.
Roman, the MiG 17 will get a Remake with 20% bigger and receive an rear DF Location, he would behave like
others brave RDF too.
Now, I have to deeper practice the rubber winding procedure to get this rest potential 1/3 or more out of These FAI TAN rubber.

Regards

Dalat
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: