Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 14, 2018, 01:26:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Went flying.  (Read 183299 times)
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 48

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: October 28, 2018, 02:58:00 AM »

Hi Pete. Tell us more about the Swordfish - is it a Veron and did it fly?
We also Went Flying; Midland Gala at Barkston. Icy wind, rain most of the day, snow and sleet. Still managed 5 flights in F1G but it was a bit of an ordeal.
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 163

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: October 28, 2018, 03:16:32 AM »

These fellows who fly indoor out have the weather have an easy time, not like you true outdoor warriors Bill Smiley

Thanks for the Vids Peter - The flying area at the velodrome looks impressive.

John
TheLurker
Gold Member

Kudos: 14

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: October 28, 2018, 05:58:14 AM »

Quote from: Pete Fardell
I shared my table with Colin Taylor, who was having an ornithopter day...
Well, that was a mistake. I showed MrsLurker the video; "I want one!" was the immediate response.  Ermm, anyone got a plan for an easy to build ornithopter? Smiley  Very impressive.

Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 92

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: October 28, 2018, 07:24:09 AM »

Tell us more about the Swordfish - is it a Veron and did it fly?
We also Went Flying; Midland Gala at Barkston. Icy wind, rain most of the day, snow and sleet. Still managed 5 flights in F1G but it was a bit of an ordeal.
Well done! As I drove over the Pennines, through the sleety gale, my car made the warning beep it makes when the outside temp. approaches feezing. "Wish I was at Barkston" I thought... "I bet they're having a lovely time- such a shame the Selby comp. was cancelled!"

I think Reg's Swordfish is the Veron one, yes, and what I described as his Tempest looks like it's the Guillows Typhoon. Both were old models which he'd flown successfully before, but he said he was having no joy with them yesterday. The best I saw the Swordfish manage were some rather shaky, low powered glides.

Well, that was a mistake. I showed MrsLurker the video; "I want one!" was the immediate response.  Ermm, anyone got a plan for an easy to build ornithopter? Smiley  Very impressive.
If you ask me, ornith(opter)ology is a surefire road to madness, but if you're really set on self destruction (and under wife orders) there's a thread on here already, which might help: http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=21381.0
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 92

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: October 28, 2018, 07:38:13 AM »

Next meeting here is February, for the Northwest Gala.
Correction: Feb (23rd) is another Fun Fly. NW Gala is March 16th.
Indoorflyer
Gold Member

Kudos: 7

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: October 28, 2018, 10:47:34 AM »

Well, that was a mistake. I showed MrsLurker the video; "I want one!" was the immediate response.  Ermm, anyone got a plan for an easy to build ornithopter? Smiley  Very impressive.
[/quote]

https://www.ornithopter.org/plans.shtml

And these will fly, unlike some of the stuff on other sites.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:20:00 PM by Indoorflyer » Logged

Make the same mistake on both sides; nobody will notice...
LASTWOODSMAN
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

Canada Canada

REAL PLANES HAD ROUND ENGINES AND TWO WINGS

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: October 28, 2018, 12:10:41 PM »

For a nice Ornithopter plan, there is a link to a pdf file here in  "BUTTERFLIES" in 'dosco's'  Reply #14 here   http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=23606.0    Click on his link and it will load up a nice  five page plan and instructions.   Also there is a great instructional 12 minute assembly video here in "BUTTERFLIES" Reply #13 .

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
TheLurker
Gold Member

Kudos: 14

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: November 03, 2018, 07:09:03 AM »

Quote from: Indoorflyer
Quote from: LASTWOODSMAN
...Ornithopter plan, there is a link to a pdf file here..
Thanks both for taking the time to go looking.  I'd found ornithopter.org and will be having a bash at a Freebird sometime soon(ish).  Aside from getting the blessed thing to fly the biggest hurdle is trying to persuade MrsL that ornithopters are indoor creatures as she's adamant that it will be flown outside at the Lurker Industries Aerodrome.  Smiley
Maxout
Titanium Member

Kudos: 88

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: November 06, 2018, 12:18:39 PM »

Caught a quick clip of Lee Russell flying his Bill Gowen-designed A-6 at our October contest. He and Hope had a nice showdown in A-6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTZ-mfwEmlQ&lc=z22rgfjpcme4fxnfeacdp43alfiyljqpvwobgxhpfsxw03c010c
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: