Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
March 20, 2019, 01:10:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Squarecoupe Build  (Read 2572 times)
TimWescott
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2011, 01:32:09 AM »

Interesting.  What little chance I got to fly mine, it seemed to be doing well in a right/right pattern without drag flaps or extra vertical stab area -- but it was very little flying, so who knows?
buildawyvern
Silver Member

Kudos: 13

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2011, 02:07:00 AM »

How much dihedral did you finally put in yours? I first flew it outside at first over tall grass on a slightly breezy day. It would dive in to either side without the drag flap. That's why I decided to try it. This a technique used on trim tabs for full size aircraft to push the surface up. My CG is about one inch back from the wing leading edge.

I fix tissue rips but attaching a small piece of tissue with thinned white glue over the damaged area. This works on condenser paper as well if it's been doped or sprayed with Krylon. Glue stick might work over untreated condenser paper and you could use the glue stick to attached tissue markings. Mine is jap tissue with Krylon so I will attach tissue markings with dope when I decide the model is completely trimmed. 

Tom 
craig h
Gold Member

Kudos: 4

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »

Was this fine plane added to the builders plan? Looks to be a fun build .

Thanks..

dosco
Gold Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2011, 01:47:22 PM »

I finally had a good chance to fly my Squarecoupe last weekend in the Tustin blimp hanger.

I'm in SoCal on business and am staying the weekend, is there any activity this weekend at Tustin? I'd love to check that out.

In the glide it had a tendency to dive into the right

I looked at your posted pics (nice bird!!) and it looks like the right wing has a lot of washout. Does the washout in the left wing match? If not, that could be contributing to the problem.
NormF
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2011, 02:25:10 PM »

I finally had a good chance to fly my Squarecoupe last weekend in the Tustin blimp hanger.

I'm in SoCal on business and am staying the weekend, is there any activity this weekend at Tustin? I'd love to check that out.

No activity is planned at this time for the hangar. Will post in the events section the next time we're in there.

- Norm
buildawyvern
Silver Member

Kudos: 13

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2011, 03:04:40 PM »

Both wings do have the same washout. The drag flap pushes the port wing up so when the prop starts free wheeling this may cause it to turn right too much. Rudder tabs control the problem but I will try a few things the next time I'm in the hanger.

Tom
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: