Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
March 20, 2019, 01:15:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'SortaHorry' Bostonian  (Read 708 times)
FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Kudos: 63

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter
Russ Lister

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:22:09 PM »

This evening I have been posting about my latest stooge in another thread ... in the time I have been doing this I have been saddened by the news of the passing of Keith Horry.

My sympathies go out to his family and friends ... including all the 'Brownhill Flyers'.

I met Keith at various indoor meetings and often talked about Bostonains with him. He had 'campaigned' a SortaKorda with success at several Bostonian competitions at Impington.

Having only known Keith in recent years I was still getting to know him and didn't know much of his past. Many might know the Horry Wakefield? ... but I only recently became aware of it. At the last couple of Brownhill indoor meetings Keith was trimming out his Bostonian version of this.

I am hoping to build as similar a version as possible to Keith's as a little tribute to him.
Hepcat
OOS, January 2019
Platinum Member

Kudos: 276

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 12:50:10 PM »

I was sad to read your mention of Keith Horry. I suppose I 'knew' him from the days when he was a top 'Wakefield' flyer but that was really no more than saying 'Hello' on the flying field. However about 15 years ago I had the pleasure of really talking to him at the indoor flying meetings at Walsall; a most pleasant and knowledgeable gentleman - he will be missed.

I look forward to seeing your Horry Bostonian.

John

John Barker UK - Will be missed by all that knew him.
FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Kudos: 63

Topic starter
Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »

As you say John, Keith was a real Gentleman.

It might be a while before I do anything ... now is obviously not a good time to chase details of the model.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: