Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 16, 2024, 10:50:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tissue sources  (Read 1177 times)
pumptato-cat
Copper Member

Kudos: 38

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2024, 05:47:45 PM »

Hey all,

What tissue are you using to roll the motorstick and boom? I can't find any silkspan or Esaki, and I'm pretty sure I've ran out of stores and websites to search in... This sounds a bit dense but what's special about silkspan and why does everyone say to use it? Huh

SciOly kid exploring the world of free flight! Cheesy
bjt4888
Gold Member

Kudos: 23

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 12:23:50 PM »

It looks like J&H Aero still has white Esaki tissue on their website. Esaki is a very high quality tissue that is no longer available. Other high quality model airplane covering tissue that has recently become available might also be good for F1D motor tube rolling, but it might be best to stick with Esaki as it is tried and true.

Brian T
Tapio Linkosalo
Platinum Member

Kudos: 38

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 10:23:30 AM »

Polyester tissue (such as polyspan) is good for rolling motor tubes. It is strong, water-resistant, and does not stretch.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 01:43:26 PM by Ratz (Bruce) » Logged
Tsova
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 09:14:55 PM »

I’ve used jap tissue, silkspan, esaki and a few others. The best that I have found is called Starspan model tissue. Has exceptional wet strength and easily releases from the mandrel and balsa blank. https://fmk-models.com/starspan-model-covering-tissue-lightweight-rag-type-high-wet-strength-tissue-five-star-products-104-p.asp
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Tissue sources
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: