Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 16, 2024, 10:53:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Free Flight Fanatic podcast  (Read 600 times)
Kman
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2023, 08:32:25 AM »

Hi all.

I have of late been listening the podcasts Free Flight Fanatic during my commute to work. I am obviously a little late discovering this, but nevertheless I thought I would recommend it.
It really brought it home to me how small our community is and the importance of looking out for each other. Alas I am late to the table and no new episodes have been added of late.
It took couple of episodes to get in to but found it very informative covering everything from history, design and materials.

Does anyone know what happened to this podcast?
thehay95
Nickel Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 05:45:37 PM »

I also enjoy the Free Flight Fanatic podcast and have found it to be informative. It's unfortunate that there haven't been any new episodes recently. I share the same curiosity about what might have happened to the podcast. If anyone has information or updates, it would be great to hear from you. Let's hope for some news about the podcast soon!
Bargle
Silver Member

Kudos: 24

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 06:31:49 AM »

Link to the site.

https://freeflightfanatic.libsyn.com/
BG
Platinum Member

Kudos: 87

Canada Canada

Me with F1B - epic retrieval (flew 10km after DT)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 04:50:56 AM »

Hi All,
Bernard here. Interesting and gratifying to randomly see this thread and find that a few folks enjoyed the Podcasts that John and I put together. To answer your question - John and I both got busy with life more or less at the same time and so we decided to discontinue the FFF podcast for the time being (I think the last episode was last year sometime). Anyway, perhaps some of you could suggest a topic or three that you would like to hear about. I could get in touch with John to see what he thinks about starting things up again.

Bernard Guest (co-host of the FFF podcast)

CEO,Chief designer, production line manager, factory worker, shipping and customer service manager, and janitor at Hummingbird Model Products.
Kman
Copper Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 09:33:27 AM »

Hi Bernard. Thank you so much for your response and thank you for your contribution to the Podcast.
I think the podcast, if not discovered by as many, is of great importance for the community as it has recorded a number of interviews with people who have been instrumental in our hobby.

I think we have all heard about Dave Diels kits, but it is wonderful to get this additional understanding of the background to all these designs. Same goes for yourself. Unexpectedly I learned a lot about aspects of the hobby I did not know very much about at all. Who would have thought about the dangers of flying F1C?

Interesting for me was in one of the last episodes hearing about the differences between what is considered important in FF scale in the UK vs US. Another great interview was the one with Tom Hallman, who would not like to meet the man behind Maxfiart.

Free Flight Fanatics have already covered an awful lot, but I am wondering how John got on with the Albatross and the ignition engine? How about an interview people from the uk ff scene?
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Free Flight Fanatic podcast
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: