Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 16, 2024, 10:51:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFMAC Henley-on-Thames 01-24  (Read 582 times)
Squirrelnet
Gold Member

Kudos: 80

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 07, 2024, 12:40:20 PM »

A great days flying at the Henley Leisure Centre Gillot's lane. As some of you may know OFMAC have moved their flying this year from Berinsfield to Henley-on-Thames

The Hall is about the same size, maybe slightly bigger with the benefits of lots of natural light and heating, although today they were unable to turn it on !!! hopefully by feb they will have worked it out. It's also free from clutter unlike the exercise bike aircraft magnet they had at Berinsfield

A really nice eclectic mix of models from duration HLG, ornithopters, Sport models, scale, co2, electric, rubber..even some idiot trying to catapult launch paper aeroplanes...oh that was me  Undecided

Here's some pics to tempt you to the next meeting on 4th February. If went you to Berinsfield - Henley is much better

Pic 1 & 2 - This lovely Nesmith Cougar from Steve Haines was flying very well in nice big circuits taking full advantage of the hall. It's from the Peck Kit and is a lovely performer

Pic 2 & 3 - Another from Steve . This is his new Hurricane from the comet kit and at 16" span is a bit smaller and more suited to flying indoors that the larger VMC design. It's still in the trimming phase but looking very promising

Pic 5 & 6 - Pete Browns lovely new Cessna Bird dog . A reduced size peanut version of the FROG design which was going very well with some lovely flights

I have some video of the Cougar and Bird dog which I'll post in a bit

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
OFMAC Henley-on-Thames 01-24
Squirrelnet
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 12:58:08 PM »

A few more pics

Pic 1 - Mick Langford's Luscombe Silvaire. Very nice model beautifully finished and flying very nicely.

Pic 2 & 3 Tim Chant had a range of HLG gliders he was trying out. The latest with it's new wing was going very well

Pic 4 & 5 It was great to see another foamy SE5a and this was a very well made one by Martin Bennet. Martin is new to indoor ff but with some encouragement he had the SE5a flying nicely, hopefully we'll see more models from Martin

Pic 6 - My long term flying buddy Dave who got me back into aeromodelling in the early 2000's. This is his new Saint class duration model which did over a minute on its first time out

I have some video of some of the above ( and some idiot catapult launching paper aeroplanes ) which I'll post in a bit

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: OFMAC Henley-on-Thames 01-24
TheLurker
Silver Member

Kudos: 59

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 01:56:14 PM »

For those that haven't already spotted it Steve's Hurri is finished as the recently (ish) converted 2 seater version and the passenger is Rob Smith.
Squirrelnet
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 02:04:04 PM »

Thanks Lurk

There's a video here of the flying from Henley today. Not all scale but all good fun.

https://youtu.be/OzA6ZFiqgGo
steve h
Copper Member

Kudos: 8

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 03:28:01 PM »

Enjoyable day at Henley today lots of great flights from everyone,thanks for the pictures and video Chris.
Gave the hurricane a couple of test flights which were promising. Will add a bit more nose weight and down thrust before trinity next week .
Cheers
Steve
piecost
Bronze Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 03:57:18 PM »

Thanks for posting the photos and videos Chris and for Ian for organising the event. On the way; we had to turn back once down a narrow lane because of the flooding. I thought that it would be unfair to ask Gareth to walk Infront of the car to gauge the depth.

He was tickled pink to see that Martin had built one of his free plans published in Aeromodeller. In fact, he had brought along two models built from Aeromodeller plans and both designers were present!

The hall was a little lower and narrower, but longer than our usual venue. But, the air was nice and still, but cold at about 10 centagrade.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: