Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 21, 2024, 12:26:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Re: Archived Hip Pocket Builders Form  (Read 700 times)
Pit
Bronze Member

Kudos: 135

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2024, 02:38:40 PM »

For some reason, posts are not loading, but the "reply" button works so here goes.

I noticed earlier that the link to the Internet Archive/Wayback Machine was not working properly.  Here is, hopefully, a working link that covers 18 Feb. 2008 - 5 Mar. 2024:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130926090703/http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php

It brings up the site but not all the content - more research needed...

Correction:  Topics load and content is there.  Clicking on the "Last Post" will not work

Pete

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
PeeTee
Bronze Member

Kudos: 55

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 05:35:05 PM »

Hi Pete

The Wayback machine only seems to cover periods up to 2012 unless I'm doing something wrong, mind you in my state anything is possible  Cheesy

Peter
Pit
Bronze Member

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 10:25:53 AM »

Hi Pete, good to hear from you!

I've been sloooowly digging thru the Wayback and you are basically correct.  In the scan bar, one has to click on the black thingies that are higher than the baseline.  It will generally bring up the Forum homepage and from there one can click on the various forums/sub-forums to bring up the threads.  Clicking on the threads will either bring up the messages or show nothing.  It is a slow, rather painful undertaking.

Getting past 2012, there are scrolling arrows (blue) on the right of the scanning bar, with the date showing the shown scan time-frame in the middle.

Hope this all made sense Roll Eyes.

A Dedicated Convert to:

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Pit
Bronze Member

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 10:27:26 AM »

Sorry, double post.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Archived Hip Pocket Builders Form
Re: Archived Hip Pocket Builders Form

A Dedicated Convert to:

Prosper
Bronze Member

Kudos: 69

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 05:33:30 AM »

Thanks for digging into that, Pete. Sometimes clicking on a topic or topic page link yields the contents, sometimes just a 'whoops something went wrong' type page. This page says something like 'this page is available on the internet, click here to save this page' - but this doesn't mean you're saving the page to the Wayback machine (I think), because I got a saved 'index php' on my computer. I'm not computer savvy so I could well be missing something.

Stephen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: