Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 20, 2024, 10:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Radian dives into mud  (Read 919 times)
lincoln
Bronze Member

Kudos: 47

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2024, 02:29:26 PM »

Was flying my Radian yesterday and lost control. I don't know if something went wrong with the radio or if part of it got too flexible to pull up from a dive. It was going to be the last flight of the day anyway. I guess it's repairable, but I have better models I can repair, including one that just needs a reciever.
Konrad
Bronze Member

Kudos: 44

Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 09:13:32 AM »

The classic 2m Radian was/is a great trainer. But it is known to have far too flexible a fuselage. As the EPO foam ages (cycle life) it only gets more flexible. We (I) as a experienced pilots sometimes forget the limitation of the airframe, materials and sometimes over-stress these entry level foam planes. This is particularly true for the last flight of the day or if I'm just trying to burn my batteries down to storage level.

So, I'd place my bet on the problem having been with the airframe. And as I think it is a problem with aged material I'd hang it up and concentrate on the second Radian that only needs an RX.

I love the classic Radian for what she was, a simple entry level 2 meter motor assist glider.

(This was basically a test post to see if I can still post to the site)

Happy New Year,

-Konrad

Cut it twice and it's still too short!
lincoln
Bronze Member

Kudos: 47

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 06:32:36 PM »

I have reinforced at least one Radian to make it stiffer. I didn't reinforce this one, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: