Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 17, 2024, 04:20:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sig LT-25 Build  (Read 1015 times)
Ratz (Bruce)
Administrator
Silver Member

Kudos: 151

Canada Canada

Topic starter
« on: November 25, 2023, 03:14:40 PM »

I had not done some building for some time. New employment, changes in places to live, concerns with our forum admin, were all factors. Since September, while being way more involved with the dealings of HIP; I have begun a new project, or resurrected one that I began last November. I received a kit for this Sig LT-25 trainer. It is the first kit I am to build in a very long time as I am predominately a scratch builder. However, this being a new generation lazer cut kit, I think it's time I get with the times and experience a precision cut parts kit and see how we go.
I will be building all stock, as per plan, no mods if I can help it. I have a GMS 2000 .25 CID engine that runs fantastic that will work great. So I broke from the plans almost immediately and have started building the fuselage first. The plans introduce the wings first but I enjoy fuselages better, so it goes first.
Engine mount to start, then some fuselage sides. Nothing complicated, use the directions on the plan and be mindful of the smaller details in lining up the parts. The engine mount took a bit of marking up to get things placed then drilled.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Sig LT-25 Build
Sig LT-25 Build
Sig LT-25 Build
Sig LT-25 Build
Sig LT-25 Build
Sig LT-25 Build

We don't stop playing because we grow old...
We grow old because we stop playing.
Ratz (Bruce)
Administrator
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 03:25:01 PM »

Oh here is what it will look like when done.

In times of stress or Re-Hab, I find that I have to build stuff. For now, the LT-25 will do nicely, nothing complicated.
I seem to work at 3 am and I do three parts a day...  Before too long and as many days, there it is, a plane.
Re: Sig LT-25 Build

Ratz (Bruce)
Administrator
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 11:18:14 AM »

Here are a few more images of some progress with the fuselage and I have included an engine image. Added some formers and the left fuselage side. This particular engine is not the one going in however.

Don McLellan
Bronze Member

Kudos: 72

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 12:38:08 PM »

Very nice work Bruce.  Always a good thing when you've got something on your building board.

Cheers,
Don
Ratz (Bruce)
Administrator
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 10:39:28 AM »

Thanks Don

Here is last nights work.
Simple stuff really, nice to have all the parts prefabbed...
I found that I was splitting formers in half trying to get them fitted so I added a few braces across the grain on each former. Also added firewall triangle stock and epoxied in the landing gear mount. Test routed some pushrod cables. and added top and bottom sheeting for the aft fuselage.

I am finding that I am less impressed with the hard angles for the fuselage corners and I will be doing as much sanding as I can to knock off all the hard edges. I am a firm beliver of good sanding and forming of all fuselage and flying surfaces. Air has to be able to mover over easily and that goes for trainers too...

Thus is the lesson today.

Ratz (Bruce)
Administrator
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 03:45:06 PM »

Bump...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: