Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 02, 2024, 07:19:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lost Post  (Read 150 times)
Jez Wilkins
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2024, 07:21:26 AM »

Hi Bruce

I've just read, in another thread, that you 'lost' a post.  How did you 'lose' it, if you don't mind me asking?

I have 'lost' posts on here, by having a time limit entered into the 'login box' (if that is the correct term for it).  These days, I have the 'permanent login' set - although I still do 'manually logout' at the end of each session.  I also click  the 'Preview' button regularly and have sometimes wordprocessed something 'offsite' - again saving regularly (because I have sometimes 'lost' such documents through power cuts) and then 'copied and pasted' (not 'cut and paste', in case there are problems) onto the HPA site.

Works for me - until I forget to do any of these things - and then lose yet another post (or email, or letter or - I think that you've got the drift by now). Roll Eyes

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins
Ratz (Bruce)
Administrator
Silver Member

Kudos: 151

Canada Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 07:41:01 AM »

I never log out and I am surprised that the forum has any typing time limits.. I always just close my session but never log out...

Well, I am using my little smartphone to write posts and it's like typing on a teenie typewriter. I must have pressed something else on my phone, back button perhaps and I lost the editor window I was working with. All txt type gone poof. Do over. But sometimes these things happen. Perhaps the universe didn't like what I was about to say in my writing an it got abandoned. Weird stuff like that. It gave me the opportunity to think twice about what I was about to post. Anyway we are now not discussing model aviation but forum moderation and that's not the direction I like to go.

Bruce

We don't stop playing because we grow old...
We grow old because we stop playing.
Jez Wilkins
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 08:09:44 AM »

Hi again Bruce.

No desire whatsoever to stray into forum moderation - that is strictly your domain. Smiley

Just maybe trying to help HPA users (particularly any new users) not to 'lose' posts.

Please see the attached 'screenshot'.  Login time set to  '1 Hour'.  If you have not 'clicked' the 'Post' button on your post within that time of logging in - you will lose it.  Please don't ask me how I know!! Roll Eyes Grin

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Lost Post
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 11:18:51 AM by Ratz (Bruce) » Logged
Ratz (Bruce)
Administrator
Silver Member

Canada Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 08:23:10 AM »

Right you are...

I select "forever" as my choice, never a time. And I never log out. When I open up the forum I am always logged in as I am here many times a day anyway. Me loosing post text is because of my fingers trouble.

Bruce

Jez Wilkins
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 09:14:57 AM »

Hi again Bruce.

I am a "forever" man myself, now, on this site. Grin Didn't used to be though - and got caught out by it. 

I can understand why you would be 'logged into' the site permanently.  My 'logging out' manually, at the end of each session, is probably a throwback to my working life - a 'logged in' console, when you were away from your desk, was a complete 'no no'. Grin

Cheers,

Jez Wilkins   
Arnold S
Silver Member

Kudos: 11

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 10:00:58 AM »

I never log out and I am surprised that the forum has any typing time limits.. I always just close my session but never log out...

Well, I am using my little smartphone to write posts and it's like typing on a teenie typewriter. I must have pressed something else on my phone, back button perhaps and I lost the editor window I was working with. All txt type gone poof. Do over. But sometimes these things happen. Perhaps the universe didn't like what I was about to say in my writing an it got abandoned. Weird stuff like that. It gave me the opportunity to think twice about what I was about to post. Anyway we are now not discussing model aviation but forum moderation and that's not the direction I like to go.

Bruce

I think I have lost stuff in the past by accidentally pressing the back button.

If my reply is quite involved I tend to write it in "notes" on my phone or Ipad, then paste it in, then if it goes pear shaped I just paste it in again...

Andrew

I’ll be back…
Ratz (Bruce)
Administrator
Silver Member

Canada Canada

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 11:18:37 AM »

Yes, I like that tactic too Arnold, but in my case, this morning, I was replying to a post in haste and had not thought things through so the universe fixed it for me... LMAO.

Moderation is an art...

Bruce (Ratz)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: