Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 15, 2019, 09:11:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dave Clarksons SLOP formula  (Read 4283 times)
ffkiwi
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2012, 01:10:40 AM »

peter-yes I realise it was drawn up for the northern diesel class.Likewise mine will be flown in our Kiwi Power 1.5cc plain bearing diesel only class.Mine was built from his original A4 3-view drawing-the copy I have is genuine ink, not a photocopy-so one of his originals. [Don't know why he sent me an original a photocopy would have been fine!]  I recall I had to go back to him as a few pieces of key info were missing from the accompanying letter, and in a subsequent letter he filled out quite a bit of background detail, such as engine revs on the prop he was using, warps etc. He obviously had a particularly potent Frog 150 and AM 15 in his ones........
  Personally I'd like to put a Cipolla ABC 1.5D in mine-if I had one...........but a PAW will have to suffice!

ChrisM
  'ffkiwi'

Sandgroper
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2014, 04:31:49 AM »

Well after the fuel tank sprung a leak melting the epoxy holding on the front bulkhead I have rebuilt the front end with 3/8" sq bearers and reinforced it all with a little fiberglass,no side or down thrust.
The remote needle went because I could not get it to shut down without a burble and the venturi is now 4mm with peripheral jets and a Enya 4mm needle valve.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Dave Clarksons SLOP formula
flydean1
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2014, 11:19:03 PM »

Bladders sure simplify things.  Smiley
Sandgroper
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2014, 01:45:39 AM »

They sure do the OS 25 in the T Bird runs well using the black bladder material from TT`s,I just open the fuel clip as I hit the starter and off she goes,if they do not burst they are a lot cleaner to use and less fuel is wasted,shame TT do not sell their pacifiers anymore,the bladder fittings on the Brodak site look good.
The tank was made from a lolly tin and not one of my best efforts,we use suction so diesels (which get a 2 second longer run) are still competitive,I prefer glows.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: