Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 08, 2020, 02:16:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Button Timers  (Read 589 times)
crashcaley
Palladium Member

Kudos: 242

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2020, 05:17:31 PM »

Ray,  I looked at that, but decided I probably couldn't manipulate it with my arthritic fingers.  I do very well with the little handled drill chuck I linked.  I'm trying to figure a way to automatically tension the wire while I crank the handle.  Hopefully I can figure out the engineering for that.

Peter,  I like the badge and button timers also.  Unfortunately they are $20US per.  I can purchase 10 of these rotary dampers for the same price.  And having spent the money on the music wire and hand crank thingie, I might eventually pay for those also, as purchasing one of the springs is $1US per.  I've got about 20 models needing these D/T setups.  I never had much luck with rubber bands or elastics for tensioning of  the timer.  Springs do take some time to set up to what you want out of them, but when they are set, they last quite some time, unless you over stretch them.

What's stall speed?  Undecided
Walt
Bronze Member

Kudos: 4

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 11:09:11 PM »

PeeTee-  can you provide a link to the buttons you use from Ace Controls?
Thanks
Wally
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 49

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2020, 08:30:17 AM »

Caley - I've never used the badge & button timers, I've always used the rotary dampers from Ace Controls. These were used by Ralph and I found them on the Ace website. I purchased them direct and found that 10 or 20 would last me a year, that was before I started giving them away to friends/clubmates!!

Wally - The type we want are in two sizes- small 10 mm diameter FRT-E2-400 and large 15 mm diameter FRT-G2-101. Both of these are without the gears on the output shaft. I cut the square ends off so that I can bore a hole and fit them.

Peter
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: