Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 13, 2019, 08:05:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Show Your Newest Creation  (Read 95813 times)
climber
Silver Member

Kudos: 10

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1300 on: February 26, 2019, 03:38:01 PM »

ffkiwi wrote:

> Some more details on the timer setup-components etc and the method of programming it would be appreciated.

The controller is an Atmel Tiny 45 in the tiny 8-TSSOP package.  It's programmed through a little 6 pin connector tab with ground, reset, VCC, and three programming lines, MISO, MOSI and SCK.  At least, that's how I upload firmware.   To adjust the D/T time I have a little external controller I use at the field with a potentiometer forming a voltage divider leading to one of the analog to digital converters.  I set up the firmware so that this voltage can give me 10 choices of time to pick from.  Usually from 30 seconds to 180 seconds and a five second test mode.  An LED on board flashes at me to indicate the time I've chosen and to let me know the D/T has been activated. 
climber
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1301 on: March 23, 2019, 11:11:05 PM »

My Mr. Smoothie peanut all done!  And, my winding tube I use with it.

The bits of wire are roller hooks.  I wind the motor outside with one end on the roller hook all hooked up with the stooge and the other on the winder.  When done, I put the roller hook into the winding tube and hook the prop up to the other end.  I load the winding tube rotated 90 degrees and turn it to the right to hook the roller hook on to the motor peg.  I can withdraw the winding tube, install the noseblock and off I go.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Show Your Newest Creation
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 180

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: March 25, 2019, 05:00:23 AM »

That's pretty clever. I'm curious as to why the second wire piece with the small loop is needed?

John
climber
Silver Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1303 on: March 25, 2019, 11:54:29 AM »

OSPAF wrote:

> I'm curious as to why the second wire piece with the small loop is needed?

They are both versions of roller hooks.  The one on the left is older and the one on the right is what I am making now.  I found that the one on the left would fall out when I pulled the motor out of the airplane.  Even if I tightly braided the motor I would still lose it.  The hook with the little loop on the right stays put and works quite nicely. 
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: March 25, 2019, 08:53:50 PM »

Thanks Climber. Definitely filed for future use.

John
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 52

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1305 on: May 18, 2019, 05:13:25 PM »

Finished the Eddie Riding Bristol. It's taken longer than it should because I've built it twice; two sets of wings, tail and rudder (warped to hell) replacement centre section. It's a very flimsy device but came out at 13.7 oz which is 4.0 oz/sq ft and balanced perfectly. It glides nicely so I'll go to Barkston tomorrow and throw it at the scenery. Looking forward to running the Amco .87
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1306 on: May 20, 2019, 05:23:26 AM »

I couldn't get the Amco to run consistently but it was enough to see the trim is pretty well spot on. At 4oz/sq ft I could almost jog alongside it. Nothing flies as well as a rubber scale model converted to diesel, but they are on the flimsy side.
Squirrelnet
Gold Member

Kudos: 34

Ignore
« Reply #1307 on: May 20, 2019, 08:55:51 AM »

Glad to hear the Bristol flies well, look forward to seeing in the air soon.

Shame the Amco is inconsistant, my impression was they were pretty good. Is that through rose-tinted nostalgia or does it need some work?

billdennis747
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1308 on: May 20, 2019, 09:37:28 AM »

Chris, this engine last flew in the late 60s/early 70s, in Eric Coates' Blackburn White Falcon. He replaced it with a Mills 75 so perhaps it was clapped out then! I shall hand it over to an engine magician - it may need a rebore.
TheLurker
Gold Member

Kudos: 24

Ignore
« Reply #1309 on: July 24, 2019, 05:23:17 AM »

Now,  you might think that this is a rendition of Nathan Chronister's Luna Ornithopter.  You would be wrong, becos, as any fule kno, something this blue with two wings can only be a damsel fly. Smiley

Mrs L's Freebird turned out so well I decided I wanted an ornithopter of my own and the Luna looked like it might be fun to try.  Didn't finish it in time to take advantage of last evening's flat calm so it's still an unknown quantity, but as I had to redraught the original plan to fit on a couple of A4 sheets have posted them, together with a few build notes, in the Free Flight / Indoor - Other Classes section of the Plan Gallery.  Should turn up in the next day or so if Ratz isn't busy.

The important stuff.
 - Span 14"
 - Weight,  no motor, 6.46g
 - AUW, untrimmed, 8.04g
 - Motor 4" x 4 strands 1/8"
TheLurker
Gold Member

Kudos: 24

Ignore
« Reply #1310 on: July 24, 2019, 09:49:21 AM »

Where's the, "I am a prize clot thread."?  If you're considering downloading the A4 sheets I posted in the gallery hold off for a while.  Cock-up on the spar sheet.  The sketch showing spar positions is wrong*.  Has been fixed and resubmitted.

Lurk.

*Not enough coffee.
Dan Snow
Gold Member

Kudos: 29

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1311 on: July 25, 2019, 09:43:04 AM »

Just finished myDCP Models Fokker EV/DVIII. Amazing kit, amazing customer service, and a challenge to me having never built a parasol airplane before. No test flights other than a couple gentle tosses onto the bed, temps routinely hitting about 100F these days limits my getting out to practically nil.

"Curse you Red Baron!!"  - Snoopy
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1312 on: August 01, 2019, 05:17:55 AM »

Well Lurk as the owner you can't be fired Cheesy anyway it may have worked better with the wrong spar location Smiley

Very nice covering effort Dan. It deserves it's own air conditioned hanger!

John
Dan Snow
Gold Member

Kudos: 29

Ignore
« Reply #1313 on: August 01, 2019, 09:44:25 AM »

Thanks John!  The wing and subwing are covered with Esaki. First time I used the stuff and immediately loved it! So of course it is going.  I ordered enough from Peck Polymers to last several models so I'm good.   Next up is the DPC Models Junkers D1

"Curse you Red Baron!!"  - Snoopy
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1314 on: August 14, 2019, 01:57:21 PM »

A Bill Hannan Bellanca Peanut. Can any of our American friends tell me if there is documentation for this scheme? I've found one photo
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 123

Ignore
« Reply #1315 on: August 14, 2019, 02:19:45 PM »

Lovely! Is this for Nijmegen? Also, by my definition it’s a YHWM, so well done for that too.

Can any of our American friends tell me if there is documentation for this scheme? I've found one photo
Er... aren’t I the one who’s supposed to ask things like that just after I’ve finished a scale model?
Jack Plane
Platinum Member

Kudos: 35

Ignore
« Reply #1316 on: August 14, 2019, 02:22:48 PM »

Lovely! Is this for Nijmegen? Also, by my definition it’s a YHWM, so well done for that too.

Can any of our American friends tell me if there is documentation for this scheme? I've found one photo
Er... aren’t I the one who’s supposed to ask things like that just after I’ve finished a scale model?

Grin
PB_guy
Gold Member

Kudos: 13

Canada Canada

Just a kid at heart.

Ignore
« Reply #1317 on: September 03, 2019, 07:25:03 PM »

Bell X-1 Glamorous Glennis scaled down to 13 1/2 " W/S from Tom Akery plan. Weight without rubber 13.5 grams. The prop is only a temporary stand-in as it is not a pusher prop.
ian
MKelly
Gold Member

Kudos: 86

Ignore
« Reply #1318 on: September 03, 2019, 08:17:42 PM »

Looks great Ian!

Mike
C VEICH
Silver Member

Kudos: 11

Ignore
« Reply #1319 on: September 06, 2019, 03:06:23 AM »

Although completed some months back this is my newest creation.  I  do hope to have some even newer ones before WestFAC in October though!

27" span L-19 Bird Dog loosely based on the smaller Guillows kit.  Have only done a moderate amount of testing due to the unpleasant weather but it does show good promise.

If it ain't broke, go fly it!
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1320 on: September 06, 2019, 10:13:32 PM »

Very nice CV.

John
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1321 on: October 27, 2019, 05:28:35 PM »

Russ cut my small lettering on his magic machine. The 'CITY of LONDON' was separate decal letters; the 'Instone' etc was stencil from Tamiya masking film. Needs finishing with a white pen and then I just have to stick some engines on it!
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1322 on: October 28, 2019, 11:16:13 PM »

Putting those individual letters on that bulbous nose would have been a test of patience Bill. It's come out very well.

John.
Squirrelnet
Gold Member

Kudos: 34

Ignore
« Reply #1323 on: October 29, 2019, 04:06:03 AM »

Looks really good Bill, very crisp edges.
FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Kudos: 67

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #1324 on: October 29, 2019, 05:27:26 AM »

Both methods have turned out well, Bill Smiley
The white decal cutting gives better results than I first envisaged .... though my experiment sticking a test "C" to the bathroom mirror went 'ok'.
I then cut a trial "DIXIE" using the file I had drawn for my Sopwith Triplane ... the "X" was like fighting with an octopus! As John says, a test of patience.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: