Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 20, 2019, 07:39:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 55   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Show Your Newest Creation  (Read 96162 times)
jernst
Gold Member

Kudos: 39

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: March 19, 2014, 07:39:35 AM »

Thanks, guys.  Wink
john
rgroener
Platinum Member

Kudos: 29

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: March 19, 2014, 02:30:43 PM »

I just finished my Vagabond in white and green. Did some first glide tests two days ago. Flies great, had a long nice glide. Just needed a bit of clay in the nose.
The kit-rubber seems to be to small for my Vagabond. It just produced an extended glide with nice taxiing on the grass Grin
The propeller used for the tests will be changed, but I have to carve a bigger one first. The blue kit-prop looks funny to the green plane Roll Eyes But the blue prop just fit to the blue regwing Smiley

The second plane is a modified Redwing I built together with my godchild. Snoopy is ready for some first flight tests, but we will have to wait for some good weather.

Roman
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Show Your Newest Creation
John Boy Paddy
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: March 20, 2014, 03:28:00 AM »

I just finished my Vagabond in white and green. Did some first glide tests two days ago. Flies great, had a long nice glide. Just needed a bit of clay in the nose.
The kit-rubber seems to be to small for my Vagabond. It just produced an extended glide with nice taxiing on the grass Grin
The propeller used for the tests will be changed, but I have to carve a bigger one first. The blue kit-prop looks funny to the green plane Roll Eyes But the blue prop just fit to the blue regwing Smiley

The second plane is a modified Redwing I built together with my godchild. Snoopy is ready for some first flight tests, but we will have to wait for some good weather.

Roman

Lovely trim work on the Vagabond, please tell me how you managed it. I can build but I'm a total philistine when it comes to delicate work. No disrespect to Philistines ...
climber
Silver Member

Kudos: 10

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: March 21, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »

Superb job on the Vagabond and Redwing, especially the covering.  Love the laminated prop!
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 180

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: March 22, 2014, 01:52:30 AM »

Lovely models Roman . The closeups of the Vagabond are very impressive.
A blue striped Redwing ;DTut Grin
John
tross
Gold Member

Kudos: 44

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: March 22, 2014, 07:43:27 PM »

Kudos to you Roman.
Not only for the super clean build, but the camera work as well.
Excellent work!

Well, I finally broke down and bought the 85mm f/1.8 prime lens for the D40 and so it's no more cell phone camera shots. Roll Eyes Tongue
Bought it used.
It's a little soft wide open, but it lets a ton of light and color in. Cool
The down side would be the tack sharp representation of where I goofed! Grin Cheesy Smiley

The Mustang got some trimming flights in today with a 18" loop of 3/32".
The tail volume ended up around .61 with a CG around 39% for those that follow that. Cool

These pics show a little bit more of how I got on with the exhaust and wing fillets. Shocked

Flying season right around the corner! Smiley Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Tony

Instructions: Step One...Assemble the pile of sticks shown in pic "A" to look like the model airplane shown in pic "B"........
rgroener
Platinum Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: March 23, 2014, 05:39:50 AM »

thanks all...

John Boy Paddy, about the tissue finish... I learned a lot from Tim the inspector's Tutorial on SFA:http://www.smallflyingartsforum.com/YaBB.pl?num=1257915798/0
In the Vagabond thread you can find some pictures about how I added the tissue lettering on the Vagabond. (arround post #62) http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=585.150

I thinks that a tissue finish is one of the easier finishin methodes since you can arrange the tissue until you are satisfied, then fix it a bit and start to add some water on the top of the to attach tissue to reactivate the glue on the bottom. For the arranging you can take as much time as you want. No need to hurry there..
Hope this helps. If not, just ask.

tross, your "Miss Helen" is great! It reminds me that I should build a Mustang as well.... Just built two Bostangs, but no real Mustang... The time is coming closer...
It also seems that your new lens is doing a very good job. The pics are very sharp. Does the D40 also have a wrinkle filter? I would never buy a camery without it again. Looking forward to see some inflight pics. I love the exhausts... something I am never doing right... Still a lot to learn.

I did some more on my Rieseler RIII I started some time ago. First wanted to finish the Vagabond. This will be my first CO2 Plane... Hope that this will not end in a disaster...

Roman
Yak 52
Titanium Member

Kudos: 67

Free Flight Vagrant

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: March 23, 2014, 06:38:29 AM »

Very nice Tony! With the 4 blade prop that is a peanut with poise  Smiley

Very tempted to build one from your plan....

Liking the graphical representation of the planform. And good to see the 'right' abbreviations in use  Grin Was that the Bill McCombs method (blurry bit)?

Love the Vagabond Roman - that panel is classic.
tross
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: March 23, 2014, 10:23:58 AM »

Thanks Roman, Jon,

Mine isn't 100% complete Jon but you're welcome to it when it's done. Smiley
This is a set of Peck bones out of the bones drawer from a way back.
Quit when the kit canopy weighed in a almost a gram.
I needed to make room for more bones I'm building that will probably never get finished! Huh Roll Eyes
 Grin
Yep, we're doing what we can with the abbreviations but there's a bit of a head wind. Cheesy
Good eyes on the McCombs bit. Cool I need to close the lens down a little for those shots.

Tony

Instructions: Step One...Assemble the pile of sticks shown in pic "A" to look like the model airplane shown in pic "B"........
Swarthog
Silver Member

Kudos: 11

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: March 23, 2014, 05:59:12 PM »

Just of the board and went flying today, my first scratch built project. I picked the Peck Prairie Bird as we mostly fly on a small field and it's simple construction. I enlarged the fuse by 1/4 inch and also preshrunk all the tissue, which leaves a few wrinkles. The wheel pants I made were a joke, so I need to redo those, but today was flying on the big field up in Lakeville! It needed more downthrust but she has no serious issues and the wing DT works like a champ. Next time I'll be able to wind her up and finish the trimming process.   

John Boy Paddy
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: March 24, 2014, 02:53:41 AM »

thanks all...

John Boy Paddy, about the tissue finish... I learned a lot from Tim the inspector's Tutorial on SFA:http://www.smallflyingartsforum.com/YaBB.pl?num=1257915798/0
In the Vagabond thread you can find some pictures about how I added the tissue lettering on the Vagabond. (arround post #62) http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=585.150

I thinks that a tissue finish is one of the easier finishin methodes since you can arrange the tissue until you are satisfied, then fix it a bit and start to add some water on the top of the to attach tissue to reactivate the glue on the bottom. For the arranging you can take as much time as you want. No need to hurry there..
Hope this helps. If not, just ask.

tross, your "Miss Helen" is great! It reminds me that I should build a Mustang as well.... Just built two Bostangs, but no real Mustang... The time is coming closer...
It also seems that your new lens is doing a very good job. The pics are very sharp. Does the D40 also have a wrinkle filter? I would never buy a camery without it again. Looking forward to see some inflight pics. I love the exhausts... something I am never doing right... Still a lot to learn.

I did some more on my Rieseler RIII I started some time ago. First wanted to finish the Vagabond. This will be my first CO2 Plane... Hope that this will not end in a disaster...

Roman

Thanks "rgroener", my models always look scruffy. I'll put your method to use next time.

JBP
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 180

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: March 24, 2014, 07:11:26 AM »

Thats a wild looking 4 blader Tony. It does set off your neat looking Mustang - very good effort. There must be something in these long inhospitable winters.
Also thanks for the design info - i always find it interesting.
You'll have a lot of fun flying your Prairie Bird SH. It looks like it will fly well.
John.
Dave Andreski
Titanium Member

Kudos: 82

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: March 24, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »

Swarthog,
You'll enjoy that nice little Prairie Bird.
Dave

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Bredehoft
Platinum Member

Kudos: 55

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: March 24, 2014, 11:15:10 AM »

This is the desk, next to my computer - not my workbench.  It shows my winter projects and their current state (as of yesterday).  One had a prop/spinner replacement, one is a rebuild of a model that was built in '94 and last flown in '97, and 3 are new (one is ready to fly).  Bonus points if anyone can identify all 5 planes.  Extra bonus if you can properly match the list above to the correct model in the photo.

Smiley

--george

tross
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: March 24, 2014, 12:25:40 PM »

Thats a wild looking 4 blader Tony. It does set off your neat looking Mustang - very good effort. There must be something in these long inhospitable winters.

Thanks John,

I had some full powered flights with it.
It's a little slugish at the beginning when overpowered, but it settles in pretty good during the cruise.
I guess that's the right trade off, but still might try a bit thinner motor. Grin

Also thanks for the design info - i always find it interesting.

I don't know John. Just an exercise really.
Mr Peck did a good job.  Smiley
It's a good little flier. Grin

Tony

Swarthog
Silver Member

Kudos: 11

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: March 24, 2014, 02:35:38 PM »

Swarthog,
You'll enjoy that nice little Prairie Bird.
Dave

Thanks and I am enjoying it. The last flight of the day was around 40 seconds on 1100 winds of 16" of 1/8. The trim is set left/left and a nice circle so I'll set the rudder tonight and then sand in quite a bit more downthrust to get rid of the shims. With DT it weighed in @ 16 grams.
glidermaster
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: March 26, 2014, 04:38:54 PM »

In due course I will put up some more details of this project in the Power Models section, but for now, here is a picture of my latest Vintage FAI Power Model. In this case a Night Train Mk.7 - the 2nd version of this design that I have built. Covering is well under way, and I hope that the end result will at least qualify me to stand next to that master of F/F model finish, Bob DeShields!
John

Gliders are a part of me.
rgroener
Platinum Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: March 27, 2014, 02:33:10 AM »

Bredehoft,
This is the desk, next to my computer...
I cant see any desk in the picture?!    Wink Grin
But very nice models in the place the desk should be.

Roman
climber
Silver Member

Kudos: 10

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: April 20, 2014, 01:04:09 AM »

I gathered up all of the electronic dethermalizers I've made into one place minus a few that are with friends.  I've made over 100. 

Narrowed my latest design for my own airplanes to to what's in photo 2.  Just over a gram in weight and on board is a port for a servo, a port for a motor or brushless ESC (up to 2.5 amps), an input port to connect to an RDT, a 434 MHz radio beacon transmitter, an 800+ lumen strobe and a port to connect to my altimeter to tell it start recording when the flight starts.  To adjust at the field I made a gui for my computer to create easy to choose options for the field using a simple controller.  The white panel at the bottom can be printed to a mailing label that can be stuck on the model to document the settings and some other important info.

NeilH
Silver Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: April 22, 2014, 06:37:53 PM »

I recently finished my Island Flyer.  Glide tests in the back yard look good so far.  Just waiting for a dry day for test flights.  Now what to build next.

Will fly for fun
Dave Andreski
Titanium Member

Kudos: 82

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: April 22, 2014, 07:05:03 PM »

Looks nice and light.
Dave

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 26

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: April 22, 2014, 07:37:32 PM »

Hope you fly in a big area. These really go just fine. Good job NeilH
NeilH
Silver Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: April 22, 2014, 07:50:16 PM »

Thanks.  They are very popular up here in the NW.  Clive really knows how to design 'em.

Will fly for fun
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 26

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: April 22, 2014, 07:55:40 PM »

He sure does.
raoul-bourke
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: April 23, 2014, 01:45:45 AM »

I like to convert rubber scale models to electric RC . My latest subjects were a Macchi M-67 Schneider Trophy racer, a Brown B-2 Miss                                              Los Angeles and a Focke Wulf Ta 152 H.
The Macchi M-67 is from the Peanut plan of Lobomir Koutny . It's double sized . The Floats are scheeted .The fuselage in the front area .
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 55   Go Up
Print
Jump to: