Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 15, 2022, 06:10:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Show Your Newest Creation  (Read 132473 times)
ZK-AUD
Platinum Member

Kudos: 63

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #1800 on: May 19, 2022, 04:22:16 PM »

I recall that George has a particular interest in the Elias Aircoupe and that he played a central part in assisting me with this build (built because I have little interest in Lacey’s or other barn door boxes)

https://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=22532.25
g_kandylakis
Gold Member

Kudos: 66

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1801 on: May 19, 2022, 04:49:11 PM »

Hi Mike,

You recall correctly...

There are 3 airplanes that I like so much, I built them again and again...

Avro F, Elias Aircoupe and Sopwith Batboat...

The Aircoupe needs a proper 3 view drawing, which I can only do if I ever manage to visit the Mid Atlantic Air Museum... Talk about going out... far away out...

scale free flight & micro RC
Richard Hewitt
Silver Member

Kudos: 15

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1802 on: May 20, 2022, 02:21:03 AM »

Re. the Dankok (subject of this thread about ten posts ago...)

George, thanks for the pictures from Stauning. I was already aware of this preserved example but thanks anyway. It has Spitfire wheels as the originals went missing! All Dankoks had the same colour scheme, so I don't have any choice. I will probably do 157 rather than 158 as 7 is easier than 8! Or I might do one of the Hawker-built ones - although the Grainger drawings show the Hawker stencilling in detail so I won't have any excuse...

Either way, I get to paint "LOFT HER" instead of "LIFT HERE", which will be a change  Grin

Richard
Kevin M
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Ignore
« Reply #1803 on: May 22, 2022, 09:43:17 AM »

A KK Nieuport 17, much-lightened as per ZK-AUD's Camel.

Very nice Bill. I may well follow suit. If I recall correctly, ZK-AUD's lovely Camel used thread-braced balsa cabane and u/c, very light wood at the back end and the rear motor anchor moved forward quite a bit. Any other tricks you used to make the Nieuport fly well?
billdennis747
Palladium Member

Kudos: 71

Ignore
« Reply #1804 on: May 22, 2022, 01:41:15 PM »

Kevin
All I did was use very light wood at the back, 5lb 1/32. I incorporated about 3 degrees down and right thrust and it isn't far off. The prop is a Kaysun with Garami clutch so weight is well forward
Bill
Kevin M
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Ignore
« Reply #1805 on: May 22, 2022, 02:03:18 PM »

Thanks Bill, I'll try similar.
billdennis747
Palladium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1806 on: June 05, 2022, 01:17:04 PM »

A KK Slicker. Taifun Hobby 1cc. The original trimming instructions don't make much sense so I've included right inner washin and will try SLOP trim. I'll paint the balsa spinner when I've finished stuffing it into the ground.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Show Your Newest Creation
Squirrelnet
Titanium Member

Kudos: 62

Ignore
« Reply #1807 on: June 05, 2022, 01:34:35 PM »

Very nice KK Slicker Bill. I've always fancied doing one of these too so I'll be very interested to hear how you get on trimming it. Love the yellow with black trim.

SLOP trim I assume is old spiral climb rather than the near vertical climb of todays power models ? I only managed to get a model to do that once. I have a Jersey Javelin powered by Spark Ign O&R 23. It did a couple of nice spiral climbs then the next time out at Middle Wallop it did a rather horrible U shaped spiral climb into the ground. I rebuilt it but I tended to chug it around after that on retarded ignition ( not that I've flown it since the loss of Middle Wallop ) so very interested to hear how you get on with it
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

United States United States

AMA and Flying Aces Club Member

Ignore
« Reply #1808 on: June 08, 2022, 06:25:18 PM »

Sometimes I just fail to follow some threads and miss some interesting items...

I just saw the timer by Jon Whitmore was already posted here some time ago, only found out about it a few days ago on facebook.

I also just realised, despite the obvious real name always present, that he, Slowmatch, is Yak52... And finally that I would like a timer of his some time, when he makes them available (or sooner, I do not mind  Smiley)

Have something underway, something minor not worthy of a dedicated thread, but no pictures to show yet.

Instead, here is a plane I really liked when I saw it in Denmark, might make Richard Hewitt reconsider the finish? Unless he already has that in mind...

George I think it must be one of the Curtiss designs from a long time ago. The shape of the verticle stab matches the Falcon plan from Comet I think.

OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 192

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1809 on: June 20, 2022, 03:43:07 AM »

What a pretty FF model Bill. What exactly is SLOP trimming? Right/right with inside wash in, slight right side thrust and tail tilt for right turn or ?

Good luck with it.

John
billdennis747
Palladium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1810 on: June 20, 2022, 06:41:05 AM »

That´s it John- when the kit came out, that trim had not yet been investigated and the instructions call for a left climb and 50% cg. I remember John Barker saying they were looping and crashing all over Fairlop.
Bill
TheLurker
Platinum Member

Kudos: 44

Ignore
« Reply #1811 on: July 31, 2022, 10:49:18 AM »

It'll probably only ever be flown in doors (other than initial trimming), but strictly speaking it's an outdoor model.  One Dumas Ryan M-1.

The wheels need to be secured, but they can wait until tomorrow so I'm calling it done.  As seen, and rounding up to the nearest 1/10g, it's 28.2g or 1oz in old money.

What'll it fly at?  At the moment it's balancing a little aft of the main spar and I'm going to try with a loop* of 1/8" to start with so that'll be another 3g plus whatever nose weight.  Along with a number of other changes I moved the motor peg forward one bay (about an inch) so I'm hoping no more than a couple of g will be required  We shall see.

Lurk

*Most of my Peanuts fly with with a loop of 3/32" (or something close to that), the BE2c at 16" span and 23g or so needs a loop of 1/8" so that seems like a good place to start.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
MKelly
Platinum Member

Kudos: 115

Ignore
« Reply #1812 on: July 31, 2022, 11:25:45 AM »

That's a nice-looking ship Lurk!

Mike
ironmike
Platinum Member

Kudos: 90

Ignore
« Reply #1813 on: July 31, 2022, 11:49:30 AM »

Very cute Lurk,nice.
Squirrelnet
Titanium Member

Kudos: 62

Ignore
« Reply #1814 on: July 31, 2022, 11:51:41 AM »

That looks very nice Lurk, good luck with the trimming
Russ Lister
Free Flight Modeller .... sub 250g!
Palladium Member

Kudos: 81

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #1815 on: July 31, 2022, 11:55:50 AM »

Very nice  Smiley
TheLurker
Platinum Member

Kudos: 44

Ignore
« Reply #1816 on: August 01, 2022, 03:54:15 PM »

Quote from: Mike, IronMike, SquirrelNet,  Russ
That's a nice-looking ship,,,
Very cute...
... looks very nice
Very nice...
Nice
Thanks chaps, but the credit is Claude Ryan's.  There's something about Ryan's designs that makes them easy on the eye and Dumas have done a good job rendering it at as a kit.  Can't help thinking that they must have been swines to fly, more especially to land, as the pilot's view, esp. forward, is pretty poor.
kaintuck
Gold Member

Kudos: 8

Ignore
« Reply #1817 on: August 03, 2022, 06:59:40 PM »

Latest profile bird added to the hanger. Siebel Si 201 German observation plane, model builder plan #3723. Wingspan 32". This motor is the PAW .03 diesel, from the late great Eric Clutton, he started and ran this motor and added all the bells and whistles, so it's very dear to me. I know this plan calls for it to be FF 020 peewee powered, but my 3ch RC uses micro servos, and the diesel adds a very slight difference in weight. The FF version called for a good size lead sinker in the nose!
https://ibb.co/M5hkQfP https://ibb.co/k5DSM0m

I don't like the nazi tail symbol, so Mickey is my new symbol!!!

Marc
Show Your Newest Creation
Show Your Newest Creation
ZK-AUD
Platinum Member

Kudos: 63

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #1818 on: August 03, 2022, 11:51:26 PM »

I think the profile Siebel is better looking than the real one - the real one looks like they stuck half a bus on the front.    Great that you are enjoying your little diesel.  You must qualify as a minority in the US  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: