Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 15, 2019, 06:16:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FOX 35 stunt  (Read 961 times)
hanspeter
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

Germany Germany

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »

Hallo
i have an old Fox 35 stunt and i search a   Needle Valve Assembly is it from brodak compatible?
Valve Assembly
Item#FX-1300

greggles47
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:00:09 AM »

Hanspeter,

The Brodak NVA is a copy of the Super Tigre one, and should be a good fit. My Brodak 15 has a 4mm NVA. This should work well in your Fox.

I think the Fox parts are still available in the US, if you want to go back to original equipment.

Regards

G

There must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief,
There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief
The Kiwi
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 07:56:34 PM »

Although a copy of an ST NVA is a better choice, here is the source for the factory replacement part:

http://www.foxmanufacturing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=917

Kiwi

* Smiley *
Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 129

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 05:59:20 AM »

This may be a bit late, but I was going thru one of my spares boxes and found a "universal" NVA from K&B (.19 to .35) in the original packaging (baggie).  Spraybar dia. is 4mm.

Yours for the asking.

Pete

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Scotts-Fun
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 10:26:25 AM »

Hi Boys,
  I like the PA style nv assembly from Randy Smith at Aero Products. It has a polyurathane crush washer to put pressure on the needlevalve needle so it doesnt turn. The spray bar is stainless (on the Fox nv) and it is undercut in the venturi area so you dont choke down the engine. Personally I like to cut them off short , just at the end of the threads with a cutoff wheel. i put a small flat in the side, to catch the set screw in a 3/32 wheel collar. Replace the set screw with a short regular screw, then you have a "pointer" to show how much you turn it. If it is short enough inverted landings won't bend / break the nv off. I hate that. To finish it all off I use a drop of Loctite on the wheel collar to keep the vibration from doing bad things, a blast from the heat gun sets it with no drips. On the LA .40-.46 you will need a 5/32 (.156) reamer. I have a drill chuck I hold in my hand use the reamer from both sides. Keep the reamer "square". When you finish the second side push it all the way thru , and wiggle it a small bit ( clearence). If the nv doesnt go thru flip the venturi. If it still doesnt go you need to open the venturi the same way. then assemble stick the reamer thru  , wiggle , and voila.

http://www.aeroproduct.net/
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: FOX 35 stunt
Re: FOX 35 stunt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: