Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 17, 2019, 07:12:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cox 049 conversions to CO2  (Read 771 times)
reblacklaf
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 27, 2012, 02:35:58 PM »

I remember years ago someone used to convert 049's, 020's and 010's to CO2 power. Anyone have any information or drawings of the process? I have several Cox engines that I would like to try and convert but would need to know dimensional data for the ball valves, inlet sizing and if they just added a probe to the piston or machined a new piston.

Thanks
Randy
proctor
Copper Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:48:39 AM »

Sorry, can't give you the info you need but just want to add that I also have the Cox culprits for modification
and would love to get the details for conversion. The Cox Td 0.02 and Td 0.010 are fine for radio models but
too much in the way of screamers for my kind of free flight.
Any ideas appreciated.
John
Mike Myers
Copper Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:30:12 PM »

Bob Davis of Davis Diesel did the conversions on these Cox engines.  He did them for the .049 and for the .020.  I had both of them at one time.  They had a lot of power, but, relatively speaking weren't as fuel efficient as the Gasparin and G Mot motors.  But  you were swinging a great big prop, and had enough power to carry up an airframe with a big tank, so who cares about "rleative efficiency".   The Davis .049 [email protected] conversion would haul up a 60 inch airplane with the relatively heavy RC equipment of the mid 1990's.   I sold all of that stuff on E-Bay and you may be able to find some of the conversions there from time to time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: