Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
February 25, 2020, 10:27:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swing Control  (Read 10318 times)
sx976
Bronze Member

Kudos: 4

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2020, 08:55:50 AM »

Thanks John!.

I'm planning to fly my Whip Control models at the Old Warden 'Mayfly' model meet (Shuttleworth Collection UK) the weekend of May 9th & 10th. We will be driving over to England especially for it. The event is sort of themed on the past, nostalgic side of aeromodelling, so these models should fit in well. We will also be taking our 2 week annual vacation in June in northern France where the Kite Festival takes place at Bray Dunes on the beach. I will be taking the models and declaring them as kites!! Fortunately two of my models are French, the LeO 451 and the Alpha Jet!!

The next model is underway. It's a FW 190 from the same series as the P-47. I intend to paint it in the colour scheme of a FW 190 captured by the RAF. Basically the same scheme as the P-47, but with a yellow underside.

I think that sometime I will have to try out retracts.

Onwards and upwards!!

Chris P  
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Swing Control
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 183

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2020, 08:51:08 PM »

Sounds like a fun event. Old Warden has a magic appeal! I'll be getting in as much RC glider flying as I can(F5J) and also some FF. I hope to go to a major model event in July - FF, Cl and RC.

Have fun
John
sx976
Bronze Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2020, 02:57:07 AM »

The magic that is Old Warden !!
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2020, 05:39:59 AM »

What year was that Chris?

John
sx976
Bronze Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2020, 02:32:02 AM »

2016. I also flew in the Ebenezer competition. That's my Electric FF Hawker Hector at the back on the right.

We usually make the effort. We missed last year as my son's girlfriend had her 50th birthday that weekend. The 'zero' birthdays are a big thing in Germany.

It's a longish journey, but Old Warden is well worth it. 600 kms to Dunkirk and over on the ferry to Dover. Then up to a motel near Old Warden. We used to stay in Baldock but this year we're trying Letchworth.

Chris P
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 03:21:24 AM by sx976 » Logged
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2020, 08:04:11 PM »

They would be a good crowd from what I have read. I guess you lost to Dastardly in the centre of the front row. Chris writes here on HPA as Squirrelnet.

I have visited Germany a couple of times - 1987 with a Australian World Champs F3B team. It was in Achmer, but my friend and I had a 3 months holiday and also went through England, Scotland and Ireland.

Cheers
John
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: