Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 09, 2020, 01:47:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swing Control  (Read 12769 times)
sx976
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2020, 07:01:35 AM »

I want to use the same line spacings as Jim Walker. I noticed that one piece of balsa in the photo apparently came from the wing (19'' span), so I used that to scale the ply handle and bellcrank. I will have to scratch build the unusual wishbone bellcrank, but I have a control line handle that has exactly the same 109mm line spacing as the plywood one in the kit.

Chris P

I flew my four HQ Airgliders in our hall this morning. They fly beautifully!!
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Swing Control
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 186

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2020, 07:43:01 PM »

The results should be interesting Chris.

John
sx976
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2020, 02:23:53 AM »

I think so too!

Well, this is what it looks like. I was fortunately able to find my fretsaw to cut out the wishbone bellcrank. Haven't used it in years! I tried to locate the bellcrank and lead out guides similar to the P39 model. I was hoping to get close to 71g (2 1/2 ozs) and was delighted that it weighed in at 70g.

I would normally hide the bellcrank under the wing, but as it is something unusual, I put it on top.

I have rounded off the RH tip on all three Whippersnappers as this is the first point of impact when 'landing'. Otherwise the models have suffered little damage.

Just have to decide if I fly it on my heavy fibreglass pole, or wait until the carbon one arrives.

Chris P
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: