Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 19, 2019, 12:05:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shark CO2 manuals  (Read 594 times)
reblacklaf
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »

I have acquired 2 Shark CO2 motors and wonder if anyone has any manuals or setup instructions for them?

Randy
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 56

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 01:57:49 PM »

Hi! I have a boxed Shark. I'm not sure if the paperwork is still there but I'll go and check when I've finished typing this...

Cheers,

Dan.
reblacklaf
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 11:45:19 PM »

Great if you have anything. I'm trying to decide if I could make a single large reservoir for both motors to use on a twin engine freeflight model.

Randy
alset
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 01:36:56 AM »

If you succeed in a twin co2, please post. I would be surprised if the two motors
could be made to run at the same speed even when fed from the same tank.
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 48

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 05:03:10 AM »

Yer tiz

Peter
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Shark CO2 manuals
Re: Shark CO2 manuals
reblacklaf
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 12:10:28 AM »

Thanks for the posting of the instruction sheets! Grin These are my first CO2 units. I take it that they use the 8g size bottles. I wonder if I could come up with an adapter to use larger threaded bottles? Don't want to spend what the Black Sheep Squadron charges for their adapter and I don't know if it would even work with these units.

I am going to try and use a tachometer to get the 2 motors running at the same rpm before I try joining them. I think I will try a static test once they are sync'd to see if the thrust is the same for both. If it isn't I will adjust them to give the same static thrust. I plan on putting them in a foam profile mockup of the plane to see how well it works before trying them in the actual plane. If things go well I will proceed with mounting them separately in the actual model. Depending on results of run times I will think about joining them to a single tank.

Again thanks for helping me.

Randy
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 56

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 03:01:40 AM »

Hi Randy,

CO2 twin set ups are quite easy to synch by ear. I made a set with two Gasparin 120s plumbed up to a single tank and it worked fine. The profile model is a good idea before committing to a full blown scale project!

Good luck,

Dan.
reblacklaf
Bronze Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »

OK, got the one running great then started work on the second, that's when the problem occurred. Seems the seat for the ball valve is bad. I oiled it and tried lapping it with some white compound and using a magnet on the ball but still couldn't get a seal. When charging the gas will cause the piston to rotate and leak everything out. I was hoping someone might have some blueprints or dimensions for the valve seat. I'm afraid if I try to remove it it will break and I will not be able to measure anything accurately. If anyone has any old Shark's they want to part with please drop me a line with what you are looking for them.

Randy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: