Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 19, 2019, 12:13:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Classic B and Vintage Teamracers Racers at the Perth Aussie Nats  (Read 1441 times)
Sandgroper
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:47:47 AM »

Hi all,
just a few shots of some Classic B  and Vintage team racers at the Perth Nats.

Cheers
Phil
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Classic B and Vintage Teamracers Racers at the Perth Aussie Nats
C/L Gee Bee
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:24:05 PM »

Oh, MY!  That's a Galaxy in that first pic! I searched all over for that plan, from 2001 to around 2010. A nice gent from O-Z sent me a plan that had been modified from the original beautiful Galaxy...it was now called a 'Joker'.

My mate from Down Unda (Rob Cranfield) found a copy of the original Galaxy plan and sent it to me!
I am surprised to see this Galaxy (in original green/yellow) as it looks just like the original. (or IS IT???)

Loved the pics, thanks for the news that the boys from O-Z are still flying this wonderful international event!
Sandgroper
Silver Member

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:23:56 AM »

Good day Gee Bee,

our rules have been changed to allow modern plain bearing 25s, here is the link to the TARMAC website it covers all of the control line activity in Western Australia

http://members.iinet.net.au/~stivej/TARMAC/

perttime
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 06:24:56 AM »

Oh, MY!  That's a Galaxy in that first pic! I searched all over for that plan, from 2001 to around 2010. A nice gent from O-Z sent me a plan that had been modified from the original beautiful Galaxy...it was now called a 'Joker'.

My mate from Down Unda (Rob Cranfield) found a copy of the original Galaxy plan and sent it to me! ...
There's a Galaxie plan here in the Plans Gallery. It says "2007 update of Athol Holtham's 1963 original". Drawn by David Kidd.
C/L Gee Bee
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »

Thanks, Sandgroper and Perttime.

When I asked about the Galaxy previously, there was no info available...Made it all the more interesting to track it down.
The plain bearing .25 usage makes this event possible to try. We can only hope!

Some International friends have helped me considerably, as my 'thrust' was to build a couple of authentic 'B' Team Racers correct in every detail.

My 'Double Dice' is powered by a Merco .29, graciously sent me by Mr. Jolley, of London...Likewise, some Merco engine parts long obsolete, sent me by Ian Russel, now owner of Merco.

A few years spent looking for Veco Redskin info netted a Larry Richards kit, an Eddie Short kit, and another kit from Dave Shrum, which I provided patterns for.
Love this event, for the building, then the competitive flying.
perttime
Gold Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 02:14:21 PM »

I'm not likely to ever see a Team Race live - but the designs fascinate me. I don't seem to get exited about the flying wing designs, but anything older....
Fortunately, pretty good collections of plans have accumulated here at HPA, and on Outerzone, rcgroups, and probably other places that I'm not so familiar with.
greggles47
Gold Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »

some of the  B Class Team Racers of the vintage era are truly elegant. All of the ones I've been lucky enough to fly are beautiful handling models.

I've just got hold of a low mileage Enya 29, that I plan to build a model for. It will never race (unfortunately), but there is the occasional Vintage Speed comp where it can fly in Proto class.

Now just have to clear the bench and pick a model. As Perttime says, there's plenty here and on Outerzone to pick from. Panko 13 is attractive, but the Hoofmark is small. Decisions decisions!

Greg

There must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief,
There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief
Sandgroper
Silver Member

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 06:27:12 AM »

Perth World Control line Champs 2016 website
For anyone interested in making the long trip the 2016 World Control line Champs will be held in Perth Western Australia during May 2016.
In the week before the WC events there will be competitions held for F2F, Vintage A, 27" Goodyear and Classic FAI as well as warm up comps for the WC events.
There was talk of Classic B getting a slot but it seems to have missed out,it is a proposed program so I suppose if enough interest is shown an event could be arranged.

http://www.cl-wch2016per.org/
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Classic B and Vintage Teamracers Racers at the Perth Aussie Nats
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:07:40 AM by Sandgroper » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: