Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 23, 2019, 03:35:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Got to sneak out this morning  (Read 294 times)
charlieman
Silver Member

Kudos: 3

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »

I've not had much chance to build anything in quite awhile, but have had a couple of trusty  HLG's for over three years. It's my own design, although based upon 60's era concepts. I call the design "Throwback". Today the morning was so pretty, very light winds, and the wife sleeping-in, set me off to the flying field with high hopes.

For three years, thru three moves, they have both performed flawlessly, with no changes to trim or ballast. They usually climb well from Rt hand launch into Lt. hand glide. Today both went to heck. First, the better flyer of the two, had the cl dihedral glue joint fail. My fault with a bad launch. Fixable. Second wouldn't turn Lt at all. No matter what I tried, i couldn't get it to turn. Checked everything and it all looked straight and warped where it should be, but then saw fin had taken  a bad cupping shape. Attempted to straighten it out but it wouldn't stay. Looks like it may need a new fin.  

Working on getting the shop whipped into shape for more building. Maybe finish the CLG's that have been waiting for dihedral bevels and final assembly. As I rub my shoulder right now, I remember why the CLT's were started!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: