Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 05, 2019, 02:43:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ringmaster beginner - 049.  (Read 2645 times)
Stefoc
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Italy Italy

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: August 17, 2012, 03:40:42 AM »

Hi all,

I'm building a 1/2a beginner Ringmaster from a plan, found in the web, here attached.

Where i place teh CG?

Thanks Stefano C.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Ringmaster beginner - 049.
Ringmaster beginner - 049.
Stefoc
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Italy Italy

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:06:48 AM »

I attach some pictures
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Ringmaster beginner - 049.
Re: Ringmaster beginner - 049.
gcb
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:33:49 PM »

Stefano,

Initially have the balance at or close to the leading edge of the wing. This will make it less responsive to control.

Set the pushrod wire in the closest hole to the pivot on the bellcrank and the farthest hole on the control horn on the elevator. This will supply minimum control also.

Have the line spacing at the handle set to the same distance as it is at the bellcrank, or as close as possible. This will allow you to not over-control.

Once you can successfully fly round and round, you can move the balance back a little and increase control deflection if desired.

Good luck with it.

George
faif2d
Platinum Member

Kudos: 31

United States United States

Sun came up I was here to see it = good day

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »

Stefano, the leadout guide as you have described it should be fine as it gives you a 9 degree angle between the CG at near the leading edge of the wing and that should be good for line tension.  The angle between the CG and the place the leadouts leave the tip of the wing is the key to line tension.  The location of the bellcrank pivot to the leadout guide position is only of any consequence if it starts to cause binding of the wires.  I have seen combat planes with the bellcrank clear back by the trailing edge that flew fine.  In that case the leadouts were placed in a reasonable location on the wing tip.  Hard to understand but all true.

I used to like painting with dope but now I can't remember why!    Steve Fauble
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: