Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
January 18, 2020, 03:21:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Article in SAM35 Speaks re Spark Ignition set-up  (Read 349 times)
binbag
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2012, 07:18:23 AM »

Hi there;

just getting into spark ignition and have picked up a few Ohlssons (.19, .23 and a .60) and speaking to Tony Penhall he informed me that he wrote an article on Sparkie set-up that appeared in the August 1995 Sam35 Speaks on this subject. I looked through my archive and cannot find this issue (I have most years in the 1990's complete) so can someone else help me with a copy of the article.

Alternatively if there is a better way of setting up a Sparkie with today's components (coil etc) let me know
Cheers
Ralph
Hepcat
OOS, January 2019
Platinum Member

Kudos: 278

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 04:28:52 PM »

Hello Ralph,

Here is the article you asked for from SAM35 Speaks.  I am sorry the quality is not better but the originals were not good either.

Back in 1945 when I got my first engine (a Majesco 45) I used to chant a mantra (if that is the correct word) which started with the three 'C's; Coil, Condenser, Contact breaker, Battery Condenser Earth, Battery, Earth.  Then of course there was Coil, Plug but you always remembered that from the electric shocks you kept getting from the flailing plug lead.

John
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Article in SAM35 Speaks re Spark Ignition set-up

John Barker UK - Will be missed by all that knew him.
binbag
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 05:15:12 AM »

Thanks for the information - thats excellent
Cheers
Ralph
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print