Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 25, 2019, 10:48:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CL Line 60 size carrier style plane for 10.GAS Motor?  (Read 540 times)
peekaboo
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:34:47 AM »

Smiley   I'm looking for a CL 60 size plane that will take my New Evolution GAS 10. RC Engine?  I would like to use a carrier type  semi-scale  plane.  I was looking at the new Hanger 9 RC P-40B. I would convert it for CL flight, with my new gas motor. I mention the carrier type because I would like to fly it in a carrier type event.  All the CL planes that I've been looking at, are to small or to large for the Evo Motor. Any ideas out there?   Smiley
Rick W
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 08:58:59 PM »

Let me see if I can help you a bit. As far as a gas engine I can't answer that question. I would think it would not be competive in calss II carrier. There's some pretty hot glow engines being used.  You need to go to the AMA site an look at the rules. There are points awarded for scale planes that have landed on carrier decks. The P-40 is not one of them. If you don't get the scale points the only way you would place in a contest is if no one else shows up. If your planing on using a ARF you need to study plans for already exsisting carrier planes to see how they are reinforced. Carrier planes take a brutal beating...

The Evo 60 gas appers to be same case size as the Evo 60 glow. The extra equipment, battery, ignition box ect. is to much weght to carry and  could exit the plane on a hard landing. I think your best bet would be to build a plane run a stock engine to start with and go from there. I'm not sure if you know this but you can use R/C gear to operate the throttle and do away with the third line.

Anyhow this is how I see it.

Good luck, Rick    carrierflyer

R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: