Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
January 24, 2020, 06:43:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BMFA Kit Scale 2014  (Read 10319 times)
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 123

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2014, 05:32:09 PM »

I'll bring it along to Clayton so you can have a look along with my Waco and an untrimmed  peanut Bristol Brownie.
All three looked great to me Dave! I enjoyed today. Very pleased to get a takeoff and low flight with the Albatros- only about 13 seconds so far I reckon, but that's still enough for the Disc of Delight! Reckon I can pile a few more turns on. I weighed it when I got home. Without the prop and nose block it weighs 46g. With the prop and nose block it's over 70 (including a 16g lump of lead and bluetac in the spinner Shocked). Happy with that though, given it's flying and very happy to avoid the walls all day, admittedly with some help from quality catchers like Dave Whitehouse and the ever nimble Reg Boor (whose tad more downthrust suggestion made all the difference too). Thanks chaps!
FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Kudos: 68

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »

Glad to hear that it goes from the off Pete .... I had forgotten that it was only 10 seconds in Kit Scale.
I will feel happier if I get a new motor/the motor repaired in my triplane as I am struggling to finish my other models.
Hoping that if I put the BB version of the GM63 in the model it will have a bit more oomph and ROG

I'm still trying to build two models side by side ... will probably be my undoing, but at least I'm shifting balsa in a way I haven't for a long time.
Dave Crompton
Silver Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: April 05, 2014, 06:42:36 PM »

Hi Pete,
 your Albatross looked very promising indeed! I'm sure you'll do OK next Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you and Tim there. (we are pairing up for the air race!!!)

Cheers Dave.  Tongue Tongue
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2014, 06:58:41 PM »

Speaking of the air race, Andrew, the Fardell-Darby combo is also still on track. I've fitted a winding hook to the front of Betty-Jo and today got her to do a couple of circles without disaster. Maybe this is the year we improve on our er...rather indifferent pylon racing record. The only way is up!
Rich Moore
Platinum Member

Kudos: 42

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2014, 03:41:05 AM »

Speaking of the air race - the last time it was out of the box my triplane (last years kit scale entry) was flying nicely. I thought it'd be fun to enter it into the air race so I'll be looking for a walking stooge on Sunday...

It wasn't me
Ex Member

« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2014, 03:52:03 AM »

Speaking of the air race, Andrew, the Fardell-Darby combo is also still on track. I've fitted a winding hook to the front of Betty-Jo and today got her to do a couple of circles without disaster. Maybe this is the year we improve on our er...rather indifferent pylon racing record. The only way is up!

We won a prize though.  There were prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and dead last, I enjoyed the Mars bar we won for our one complete lap with the Spitfire!  Grin Wink  It wasn't our fault anyhow, wasn't it a mid air collision which totalled the nose block?

Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2014, 05:23:22 AM »

The year before wasn't our fault either. Betty-Jo was going very nicely thank you, but then flew straight into the string of a balloon which some idiot had left in the middle of the hall!  Roll Eyes
Dave Crompton
Silver Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »

Never mind all that chaps. Tim and myself are going to sweep all the opposition aside if I enter my chipmunk in the air race. With a bit of luck we might even fluke 5 laps this time!!! The race is as good as ours(cocky swagger!!).
Dave.(welcome to fantasy island) Crompton.  Tongue Tongue
DHnut
Gold Member

Kudos: 14

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: April 08, 2014, 06:07:09 AM »

Do I detect any gamesmanship taking place! Is the Harvard going to totally out pace you all? We are all watching the with baited breath.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: