Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 12, 2019, 10:50:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wing attachment on a full size Buzzard Bombshell  (Read 273 times)
Ara Dedekian
Bronze Member

Kudos: 6

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:44:32 AM »

Just acquired a framed up and completed Bombshell, both set up for radio. The builtup is from a M.E.N. kit with the cut outs on the fuselage sides.
Both have the teardrop cabin top/wing saddle area which provide almost no side to side support for the wing despite the number of rubber bands.
On the first flight attempt, a gust of wind rocked the wing off one side of the saddle immediately on takeoff. It zoomed up and came in with no damage.
I've looked up pictures of Bombshells on this site and see no modifications to the wing saddle area.

Should it have worked as is? Didn't check the C.G.!! I have lots of time on an RC Powerhose that I just lost on a flyaway due to loss of Radio contact!
Any wisdom, suggestions or standard Bombshell proceedures from the seasoned Power flyers out there?

Thanks
Ara
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: