Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 22, 2019, 07:51:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rubber Ducted-Fan No-Cals  (Read 1243 times)
frash
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:56:41 PM »

This was posted in an outdoor rubber FF area, but the only ones that I know about have been indoor and by Dave Aronstein. I moved it here in case someone else might attempt this.

Fred Rash

Rubber Powered Ducted Fan Models

Two years ago there was much discussion here on HPA about this difficult modeling challenge. Nevertheless, I found two more successful designs by Dave Aronstein.

http://indoornewsandviews.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/1990_inav_r2.pdf

Indoor News And Views now has a new editor, Nick Ray, and essentially all the old issues now are available online for everyone free.

These two designs were found in the 1990s archive:

Delta One               INAV July 1992 (page 61 of this archive)
F7U-3M Cutlass      INAV Jan 1993 p.10 (page 90 of this archive)

Maybe someone, but unfortunately not me, can successfully build and fly one of these designs. I saw one of his ducted fan designs fly successfully  
at least once.

Fred Rash
Iridescent Wings
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 12:59:56 PM »

Wow, I have never heard of such a thing! I would assume you need a pretty slim fan though? I think the hardest part is the intake, since a tube for a ducted fan is almost the exact opposite of a flat fuselage. Unless you take the approach of a balsa tube with the fan in it, and just have parallel fuselage "sheets" on the top and bottom. Fancy idea though. Now I have something to try!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: