Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 28, 2021, 04:30:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: dime size new planes ?  (Read 1311 times)
Dimeflyer
Platinum Member

Kudos: 55

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2013, 08:17:47 PM »

Did every one quit trying to come up with a new plane to build ? Maybe wee need to try adding the foam type planes
to the smaller size builds ? I am trying to get a foam version of the Born Looser to run as RC bird but it does not seem
to work to well , not enough wing to lift the Rx and two servos on a capacitor powered brushed motor from an Easties
crash victim  of about 6 or 8 years ago with pico size coil servos .
I ended up with of the same planes for my Grandsons and they both lasted less than a day so I have two coil servos
work with but the Rx and cap. are to heavy to lift Darn it .
George
billmz
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:05:03 PM »

I think that in order to successfully employ the RC gear from those 'disposable' RC toys, your homemade plane will have to have similar wing area, similar or lower drag profile, and similar or even less mass than the donor airplane.  Those power systems and coil servos are very closely matched to the airplane, and in most cases they are barely adequate for their intended use.

Billy

"According to the NTSB investigators, the cause of the crash is still unknown..."
Well DUH!  It was GRAVITY that caused the crash!
Dimeflyer
Platinum Member

Kudos: 55

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 12:41:26 PM »

I have to agree with you about the coil servos and it seems that their power is always a little low for the original
plane and it is hard to match the weight and drag setup from that too !
I will have to do my own power search !
George
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: