Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 22, 2019, 04:36:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bleriot monoplane  (Read 643 times)
marisd
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2013, 07:06:48 PM »

Hi all

I've restored a lovely semi-scale Bleriot Monoplane built in the 1970's by well known South Australian Max Starick.  I remember it flying well with Campus A-23 up front, but I've fitted a Gasaprin engine of similar capacity. I beleive it was built from plans of Bruno Marchi's 1938 Canadian Iindoor nationals winner. Mine weighs 14g - I don't beleive the published weight of the original at 0.07 oz. Shocked I hope to fly it at the next indoor meet in September.

Maris Dislers
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Bleriot monoplane
Bleriot monoplane
Dave Andreski
Titanium Member

Kudos: 82

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »

Maris,
Very nice.
I have you in my e-mail address book! We must have interacted about something in the past but can't remember what about.
Dave Andreski
Key West, FL
USA

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
marisd
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 06:25:53 PM »

The GM10 provided just the right amout of power and the model flew superbly. I'll need to work out a method for charging that doesn't end up with frost bitten fingers. The nozzle on the K&P charger is a tight fit on the tank fill valve stem and manipulating a delicate model and 720g Soda Stream cylinder isn't so easy.
GM
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 03:56:13 PM »

Hi Maris.

Thats a lovely model. The original a23 must have been a bit heavy!

My method for charging these motors is to use a length of steel or alloy into which I have made a slot that slips over the tube and can be pressed up against the filler nozzle. The model is either on the bench or held up in the air suspended/ hanging by the pipework. Model weight alone does not bend anything.

This allows the fingers a good firm grip to press against the sodastream pressure. Hopefully the pictures will explain this.

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Bleriot monoplane
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: