Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 20, 2019, 07:16:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My 4th graders' foam glider  (Read 707 times)
redroid
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

Thailand Thailand

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2013, 05:53:52 AM »

Two of my students built this out of stuff they could find in school.

Screws and pins were used for weights. I had them get some brushes and acrylic paint from the art department to spiffy it up...
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
My 4th graders' foam glider
Rewinged
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 01:05:40 PM »

Cool!  Looks very lightweight; hope it glides well for them and gets them enthusiastic about airplanes.  Welcome to the forum!

--Bill

Good air don't care!
redroid
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

Thailand Thailand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 03:57:00 AM »

Cool!  Looks very lightweight; hope it glides well for them and gets them enthusiastic about airplanes.  Welcome to the forum!

--Bill

Thanks... They're actually pretty good at "teaching" (adjusting the wing angle and weight) these foam flyers to fly... I'll try posting a video.

They actually won a district competition against students two years their senior. They'll be competing in the next (provincial) level later this month.
It's crazy how one of the students isn't doing really good in his classes in science and math... but he seems to have a knack for this.  He had a huge hand in winning the previous competition, since he did the wing adjustments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: