Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 28, 2021, 04:38:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Novice in C/L Speed needs a propeller  (Read 1936 times)
Carlucho22
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Argentina Argentina

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:54:44 AM »

Hi All !!
I'm a novice in C/L Speed and I'm trying to build an entrance model with an MVVS 2,5cc
I don't know which propeller is better to put into engine. I have a Taipan 7x6, but this propeller is used in GoodYear.
I think is impossible for me to make a carbon fibre propeller at this moment.
If will be better to use an one-blade propeller... Which commercial propeller recommend me to cut?? jijiji
Could anybody say me which propeller fit better to this engine?  ..for speed, of course!
Thank you so much
Ariel
Petrovsky
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 01:48:33 AM »

You could do better I think by going to an APC 7x6 or if you can get them where you are, 6.5x5.5, 6.5x6, 6.5x6.5.
greggles47
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 03:39:46 AM »

Hi Carlucho,

Your question could have many answers depending on, what equipment you already have and if you have contact with any speed fliers.

Assuming that you are starting out fresh & you don't have speed fliers nearby, I would first recommend that you visit the F2A Speed site for info about building & flying a speed trainer - http://www.f2aspeed.org/node/27

I will guess that your MVVS is a glow engine and suggest that you start with a 7X6 APC and start trimming it down to get the engine up in the rev range. The Taipan will be way too flexible for a speed trainer and loose a lot of performance. APC's are good reliable props that hold up to moderately high revs, although once you start to get consistently over 20,000 rpm you should start to look for well made carbon props. http://www.supercoolprops.com/

Get out and fly fast & have fun.

Greg

There must be some way out of here, said the joker to the thief,
There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: