Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 19, 2019, 12:04:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Picked up a couple at the fleamarket  (Read 536 times)
Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 129

Germany Germany

Topic starter
aka staubkorb

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »

Wanted to get my feet wet with rc EDF's without the "normal" growing pains, so I was able to purchase a RTF foamy "VECTOR" (Robbe - same as the Nitroplanes Concept X)  with only one flight on it.  Am now in the process of receiver istallation and tranny programming.

Kinda strange that the dual aileron servos are supposed to be joined with a "Y" cable and the twin elevator servos to be mixed.  Should be easy enough to mix even the aileron with a 6/12 channel receiver nowadays.  The vids I've seen of this model, and most of the discussion on the Forums don't make any mention of the mixes involved (haven't gotten thru all of it yet...) indicate that dual-ported ailerons might not be necessary Huh.

Another that I picked up is the Graupner "EPIC Victory S" (discontinued due to ownership change) for dirt cheap.  Its only the mouldings - only have to source the carbon spar and the fan (will use a WeMoTec Minifan prolly with a HET or Tenshock motor).

Pete

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 129

Germany Germany

Topic starter
aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 06:43:33 PM »

A well-worn, but still airworthy Multiplex "TWISTER" got added to the hanger today, thanks to a clubmate.  Gonna be fun with a trainer, high(er) performance cutie, and then the scale EPIC.  With the foamies, there is a LOT less apprehension involved before graduating to my Offshore Models (balsa/plywood) Mirage Grin.

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: