Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 20, 2019, 01:23:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Manhattan Cabin even flown any more?  (Read 11987 times)
dslusarc
Gold Member

Kudos: 23

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2016, 10:51:11 PM »

My plans have arrived!

Don
Greg Langelius
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2019, 03:14:56 PM »

Breathing some new life into this topic; I just don't think it should be allowed to wither on the vine.

Jan Langelius is now a Senior Project Engineer for Peterbilt, living in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex. He and his Dad, Bob, are probably making Bob's last trek to Muncie this year for the Nats. Bob's now 83, I'm 73.

https://dallasinnovates.com/peterbilt-trucks-propelled-by-a-bevy-of-fresh-ideas/ Jan's on the right.

Jen has adult children. Elena and Patrick live in our home here in SE AZ, and Jen lives and works very near by.

Reading through this topic without comment a couple of months back, I knuckled down and bought another ancient (replacement) copy of Ron's Indoor book. I've managed some copies of plans from it, and am very likely to build one or more of the Columbia model included. Not as easy, space is an issue with two additional inhabitants in the home; but heck, I built nearly all my earlier models on boards on my lap. The local grade school has a big Gym with a pretty tall ceiling. I may be able to wangle some time, as long as I can avoid difficulties in the process.

Building and flying Indoor at CIMAS transformed my building skills and I'd really like to get up and running again.

Anyhoo, this page has been turned again...

Greg

New knowledge is found by re-examining old assumptions.
FFScott
Silver Member

Kudos: 1

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2019, 04:52:03 PM »

Consider this: unless that is a small school, there are at least 10 kids in that school who would love the chance to build and fly a model airplane.  And you will never know who they are until you offer them that opportunity.
Greg Langelius
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2019, 10:37:38 AM »

It is a small school, but your thinking and mine are in parallel.

But first, one must put one's bread upon the water...

Greg

New knowledge is found by re-examining old assumptions.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: